Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Holding down keys

Posted by Aj 
Aj
Holding down keys
November 22, 2004 03:20AM
Does anyone know how to hold down keys in StrokeIt. For example what is the command for holding down the left arrow key on the keyboard?

Also does anyone know if StrokeIt can be used to play pc games? For example map keyboard keys to the mouse?
nik
Re: Holding down keys
November 22, 2004 09:02AM
Easy!!
lets take the left arrow key .
under send keystrokes: type ' [left_down]'
this will hold down the left key .similarly use [left_up] for bringing up the key.
this can be used for copy and other commands as well
ex : [ctrl_down]c[ctrl_up] for copy
nice ,eh?
and yes strokeit for games is possible just like any other app. u just hav to crete a new app and then add the application's(game's) filename into application identifier.
clear?
and yes read the faq and search the forums as well
aj
November 24, 2004 10:27AM
Thanks. However when typing in [left_down] the cursor only moves left one step at a time and I have to move the mouse left again for it to move left again. I was hoping that I could have it so the left arrow is pressed down until I move the mouse in another direction?
Can this be done? I hope this makes sense?
nik
November 24, 2004 10:52AM
i wonder y this doesn't work.
when i use window switcher{alt +tab} things seemt to work
aj
November 25, 2004 05:43AM
It works but I want it to move the cursor continously with out me having to keep moving the mouse back to the centre again.
nik
November 25, 2004 08:56AM
what i meant was [alt_down] results in alt being pressed down
but [left_down] results in left being pressed down only once
Or so it seems
Jeff
November 25, 2004 09:38AM
Left_down results in the left arrow key being pressed, but not repeated. It's still technically down, but it's not sending repeat codes. If you want to press the left_down key multiple times, you'll have to enter multiple
keystrokes.

-- Jeff
aj
November 26, 2004 03:38AM
That wouldn't work for me. The thing is, I am disabled and use a infra red head mouse to operate my pc. However I want to play games on my pc and a lot of them only let you control the player by using keys or a joystick. Therefore I wanted to use a program that could map keyboard keys to my mouse movements. However I am not sure if StrokeIt is suitable.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 9?