StrokeIt

Mouse button click

Posted by Tal 
Tal
Mouse button click
April 09, 2004 03:58PM
Hi,

Again, something I can't find anywhere:

Is there a way to send a mouse button click as part of a command sequence defined in a gestured action?

For example: I use a graphical SW and want to pan to a certain location. Normally I would place the SW in "pan" mode and click on the location I want to go to. Obviously, with StrokeIt, I would like it all done with one stroke... ;-)

Thanks,
Tal.

Jordan
Re: Mouse button click
April 10, 2004 10:37AM
No have this way.
Tal
May 20, 2004 08:36AM
I just found an shareware application that allows you to control the mouse using the keyboard (including button clicks): Key Mouse Genie @ [url=http://www.vsisystems.com/keyboardmouse.htm.]http://www.vsisystems.com/keyboardmouse.htm.[/url] I have no affiliation with them, I just thought the app. would be useful for those who need it.

If it is crucial for you, then the $10 are well worth it, although getting stroke-it to do the mouse click is a bit tricky... Basically you have to figure out the proper keystrokes for what you have in mind (including enabling and disabling the app. before sending them).
Forrest Davie
July 21, 2004 07:05PM
You could use the "Send Message" or "Post Message" functions to send notifications to the application. Look up the WM_MOUSEDOWN and WM_MOUSEUP messages in MSDN, you might be able to figure out how to do what you need. Maybe some Spy++ work too....
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 4?