Contact Us

StrokeIt

Clicking on Icons in Application

Posted by Allen 
Allen
Clicking on Icons in Application
February 11, 2004 10:13AM
Hello Everyone,

I am kinda new to this program. I am trying to use it to open an applicaiton (which I have done successfully), but then choose a function internal to this application. The only way I can do this, to my knowledge is by clicking on the icon. There doesnt appear to be any hotkeys associated with this function. Is there a way to identify a certain icon and cause the mouse to click on it? I know another program called PTFB (press the freaking button) does this. It would be nice if strokeit could cause the mouse to click on certain things. After clicking on this icon it brings up another dialog box internal to the application. I tried to identify the window, but it just gives me the parent application's class, file name, type. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am trying to automate a process that takes many windows click to accomplish and want to minimize it by the movement of the mouse. I think it can be great if I can get it to work.

Jeff
Re: Clicking on Icons in Application
February 11, 2004 10:27AM
1) Find the Command Identifier associated with the icon, using Spy++ or Girder. Then just use the SendMessage command to simulate the command.

2) The Finder will always give you the parent info. Use the "Window - Activate" command to set focus on the dialog using it's Title or Class or whatever you need.

-- Jeff
Allen
Re: Clicking on Icons in Application
February 17, 2004 02:35PM
I have not attempted it yet, but I think spy++ will take care of the handle. Now is there a program that could cause a sigle mouse click in my application at a certain location? What I am trying to do is use strokeit to input some key strokes (no problem). Then I want it to be able to click automatically somewhere in the window (specifally where I used the strokeit tool start/end position).
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 9?