Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

MyIE2 0.7.435 Actions

Posted by octaedro7 
octaedro7
MyIE2 0.7.435 Actions
April 07, 2003 04:13PM
For those who don't know this little wonder, I can tell u that is a small browser that uses the IE core, and turn it into a very complete browser, adding stuff like mouse gestures, antipop filters, page translations, and many many more ([url=http://myie2.yeah.net/).]http://myie2.yeah.net/).[/url] ah, forgot to tell you, it's completelly free!!.
The issue here is that strokit gestures override the browsers gestures, so u need to make strokit actions analog to the browser's ones.

My MyIE2.cfg is attached here

PD: read the thread of google search (I have not included that action cause it's part of the IE.cfg (remember MyIE2 uses IE core)

Attachments:
open | download - MyIE2.cfg (429 bytes)
Arnoud
Re: MyIE2 0.7.435 Actions
April 08, 2003 02:44PM
Here's my version. Differences:

Above: Language = Italian I think
Mine: Language = English

Above: Reabre Ult [U Reversed]
Mine: Reopen Closed Page [Down-Left] (because it's the opposite of Down-Right, which is "Close Page")

Above: Filtro Antipop [Q]
Mine: Not used (is this a popular feature in usage terms??)

Above: Full Screen [F]
Mine: Not used, F opens "Find" by default, which is quite important I'd say (plush it clashes with logic then)

Above: New Home [N Reversed]
Mine: Not used (is this a popular feature in usage terms??)

Actions not in the one above, but in mine (made similar to the gestures in Opera, NetCaptor and GoSuRF):
Back
Close All Pages
Close Page [Right-Left-Right or Down-Right]
Forward
New Page [Down]
Next Page [Up-Right]
Previous Page [Up-Left]
Refresh [Up-Down]
Select Address Field [A]
Attachments:
open | download - MyIE2.sxp (1.1 KB)
Arnoud
April 08, 2003 03:23PM
Decided to add the gestures from the first message anyway, but with more logical gestures, also looking at common gestures from other programs or conflicts.

Changes:
Add to Filter [Q]
Full Screen [Up]
New Home Page [H]
Attachments:
open | download - MyIE2.sxp (1.4 KB)
Arnoud
April 08, 2003 03:42PM
Discovered two bugs:
Q was already taken by a global action (Quit -> Alt + F4), so I have changed the gesture to B from Black List (as used in GoSuRF). I also discovered problems because of MyIE2 and Internet Explorer sharing the same CLASS. Therefore I have changed how it detects if MyIE2 is active (by Filename and Window Title). If some functions still do not appear to work, check if you have the same gestures applied to Internet Explorer (with different shortcuts).

Changes:
Add to Filter

Now detects MyIE2 differently (better).
Attachments:
Platon239
April 22, 2003 03:58AM
change "next window" and "prv window" action command hotkey from ctrl-tab and ctrl-shift-tab to ctrl-left and ctrl-righ, because your settings are not works like original myie gestures..

i may do tiz but im too lazy
Arnoud
May 08, 2003 03:22PM
Ah right. I find that an annoying shortcut, because usually in a textfield, you use those shortcuts for jumping to the next/previous word, which MyIE2 made impossible this way.

I updated the Action file, so next/prev tab works fine now.
Attachments:
Arnoud
MyIE2 0.7.1355 Actions
June 30, 2003 04:32PM
Updated for MyIE2 0.7.1355. Ctrl + <- and -> can be disabled now, so new shortcuts are used for page browsing (F2 & F3). No functionality added, just made more compatible.
Attachments:
open | download - MyIE2 0.7.1355.sxp (1.3 KB)
Michael Kairys
September 18, 2003 04:45PM
Very nice! I learned of StrokeIt from a reference in the MyIE2 forum, and I must say they go well together.

I only regret "go up a level" is only available as a plugin and hence doesn't have a way to make a StrokeIt action for it.
Shiningmonk
September 27, 2003 02:14PM
Which keystrokes / commands are used to add to filter?
Oroumov
March 01, 2004 08:25AM
Hi everyone !

I wanted to say that you can also totally disable gestures in MyIe2, which then lets you configure whatever gestures you're familiar with to drive your MyIe2 browser.

Oroumov.
Robin
April 27, 2004 09:48PM
I'm having a problem I'm not sure if you guys have. How do you guys identify MyIE2 in the Application identifiers?

It's the same class as IE, so I'm forced to use TITLE:*-MyIE2 (pattern) and TITLE:MyIE2. This will detect based on the "MyIE" in the window title but sometimes the url is so long that the "MyIE2" word disappears so MyIE2 is not recognized?
Michael Kairys
April 28, 2004 11:27AM
I use FILE:myie.exe. Works fine.
Robin
April 29, 2004 12:50AM
Indeed it works! Thanks!!
operaUser
May 08, 2004 01:48PM
Hi was wondering how you guys use the .cfg and .sxp files. I'm just a normal computer user, and don't know how to use these files. could someone with a much more sophisicated brain pls instruct me?

THanks!!
david
January 15, 2007 09:52PM
I dunno...seems myie2 has been maxthon for a while now....you'd think they'd update it...or is it my bad and it works either way?
January 16, 2007 05:22AM
david Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I dunno...seems myie2 has been maxthon for a while
> now....you'd think they'd update it...or is it my
> bad and it works either way?

You just have to change the application identifier, e.g. from FILE:myie.exe to
FILE:maxthon.exe.

operaUser Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi was wondering how you guys use the .cfg and .sxp files.

.cfg files are Strokeit action definitions. If you look in your StrokeIt Actions directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Strokeit\Actions) you'll see a .cfg file for each application you have defined. They are a binary format.

.sxp files are Strokeit eXPort files. They are a user-readable version of one or more .cfg files. You can make them by going to File | Export Config and checking the apps and actions you want to export. You can also export gestures. You can import a .sxp file and add its definitions to your Strokeit by going to File | Import Config.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 25?