Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Googly trick

Posted by Pratt 
Pratt
Googly trick
April 04, 2003 07:47PM
With the google toolbar you can use alt+g for jump to text field and alt+enter for i feel lucky search.

this action makes for example non linked urls [not] clickable [but]:

select text and [i used up and down] either go directly to site or get the search for word selected.

now I realise this should be feasible bo other means but anyway it made me happy because i really like this googly toolbar and I really dont like them unlinked links.

I think this probably could be made into an open in new window feature too for ordinary links which I belive i read wasn´t feasible today. Now lets see if that doesn´t show up in the next post...

Zen
Re: Googly trick
August 29, 2003 08:49AM
Pratt,
Sorry for getting back to you so late, I didn't see this message until now.

The system you are you are using is a good one, and if you want an "open in new window" the google toolbar (best.ie plugin.ever) can do that for you!

Just go into the options on your toolbar, and you'll find one that will make any results from the toolbar open in a new window. Since the toolbar automatically takes you to sites it is sure are links, this has the same effect as open-in-new-window does.

Hope that helps,

Zen
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 3?