Contact Us

StrokeIt

handwritting recognition

Posted by dapobe 
dapobe
handwritting recognition
January 28, 2003 07:05PM
<HTML>Ok guys I've made it!!

Go to store and buy a digital tablet (I'm using Easy Draw U Pro, but Trust 200 is the same) (arround 80€ in my country). You can use a smaller one (Easy Draw U or Trust 100).

I made a very basic handwritting recognition with strokeit. Is a Action File over Word XP (2002).

You can use letters A to Z and numbers, change case, backspace and space.

But the best part is that I made the hardest part. You can now configure the rest (bold, signs, etc... ) or modify what I made using your gestures...

Like strokeit, my handwritting recognition system is freware :-) :-)

The only problem is the way to send this little action file to all of you. I don't have a web page.

Please send me an address or an idea (It's a bit long to copy here) on the forum.

Enjoy!

Dapobe (in his first day with Strokeit!)</HTML>
Dennis
Re: handwritting recognition
January 29, 2003 09:51AM
<HTML>That sounds really like an interesting idea, but what do you exactly mean by handwriting recognition??? Your lil text didnt make that clear to me. Is it able with your action file to see wether i am writing or my mum or what is it supposed to do.

I have a grafic tablet too and strokeit works with it too (of coruse) but what does that to do with anything...

Gimme some infos :)</HTML>
dapobe
January 29, 2003 03:44PM
<HTML>Well, maybe is time to improve my poor english language :-)

Handwritting recognition is the way that tablet PC, Palm Pilots or such devices uses for data input.

You scrach some signs (H, E, L, L, O) using your digital pen, manually, over the surface and the program (strokeit in this case) writes "hello" in prety Arial font in your screen.

What I made is a simple action that writes a 'A' when you use the gesture 'A' over MS Word, a 'B' when you use 'B' etc...

This kind of programs are too bad if comes directly from the tablet builder or to expansive and bad if you search for them on Internet.

Using this action script, you can work the same way than Tablet PC does, using only a pen for all. Well, in fact, a Tablet PC is the same than a PC with a tablet. On both cases you use a digital pen (or pointer) to input data.

Of course, I know, a keyboard (using 10 fingers) is faster. But I think this will be useful for somebody. At least its fun for me ;-)

If somebody is interested, I can send this to the forum (if someone gives me an address).

Dapobe</HTML>
Jeff
January 29, 2003 10:05PM
<HTML>Dapobe,

You can send it to the email address: [removed], and I'll post it somewhere on the site (maybe I'll have to make a user-contributions section).

-- Jeff</HTML>
dapobe
January 30, 2003 06:40AM
<HTML>Jeff

By the way, the user-contributions section is a great idea. I like to know other solutions with strokeit.

Dapobe.</HTML>
Dennis
February 01, 2003 11:16AM
<HTML>Jeff: the email addy doens't seem to work. My mailprogram always says that the mail could not be deliverable to [removed] ;)

ok.. daprobe now I got your point, I guess u made this lil action script by just printing out a letter if you draw that "A" on the screen withz StrokeIT, but very nice idea I gotta say!

I am a owner of a pocket PC and there it is very useful, since those keyboards are that big. I dont know if I would use it with my Tablet for the PC since I have my keyboard, but ... nice thoughts and i betcha it is fun!

greets
Dennis</HTML>
Jeff
February 19, 2003 07:07PM
For now, I don't think I'm going to create a "User contributions" section. Instead, I'm allowing this forum to attach files. Maybe after we get a couple of contributions I'll work up a "contributions" section, but for now I think I'll just try to keep everything in the forums.

I'm attaching dapobe's "handwriting" action file to this message.

-- Jeff
Attachments:
open | download - Word.cfg (2.6 KB)
Clint Olson
February 25, 2003 09:24PM
Hi,
I would be glad to host any user actions/gestures on my web site. You can see it at [url=http://pad.olsonnetwork.com]http://pad.olsonnetwork.com[/url] I would probably create another section under the 'Downloads' page. Let me know if you're interested -- email me at co-n-co at mochamail dot com.

Clint

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 1?