Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Smarter application rules

Posted by Stugol 
Smarter application rules
July 29, 2011 05:13PM
I want gestures to be disabled when filename is "firefox.exe" AND window class is "MozillaWindowClass". I don't want gestures disabled for other Firefox windows (e.g. dialogs); or when using thunderbird (which also has a MozillaWindowClass).

This is not currently possible. Will a fix be released for this?

Also, I can't disable a SPECIFIC gesture (e.g. down-right) in Firefox; while having it work for all other programs. Why not? Can't you add an action type that basically means "passthrough" - i.e. ignore this gesture completely for this program?

Cheers.
Re: Smarter application rules
July 29, 2011 08:10PM
Multiple rules for applications would be nice; but I'm afraid the developer is in one of his long periods of absence again. If you want to disable one action in Firefox, have you tried creating an action in Firefox with zero commands?
Re: Smarter application rules
July 30, 2011 03:15AM
Jeff should come back soon, we have a couple of good ideas about improving SI :)

With your need for complex application identification your only option is to combine SI with AutoHotkey. You could set up SI to identify the application at first level (eg. firefox.exe or whatever) and delegate the actions to a AHK script that is able to do further filtering based on window class/title/group and trigger the desired action. Not a simple goal to achieve, nor is the task an easy one, but until Jeff returns I don't see any other way.

As for the disabled gestures, Cerberus is right, I'm using that strategy myself. You don't have to assign a Command for every single Action you create. I have Commandless Actions named Disabled Gestures in some of my applications that collect gestures I don't want to do anything in that specific application (technically it overrides those in Global Actions) . Exactly the "passthrough" type action you need, one with no Commands at all. Sometimes the most obvious solutions are the hardest to recognize :)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 14?