Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Allow 'no button' or multi-touch draw gestures

Posted by Mike Hatch 
Mike Hatch
Allow 'no button' or multi-touch draw gestures
January 03, 2010 04:07PM
I just purchased a Wacom 'Bamboo' touch tablet to allow multi-touch input on my computer. I want to be able to create custom gestures to use with the tablet, and currently StrokeIt forces me to hold one finger down and gesture with the other (this is how the touch tablet simulates holding down the right mouse). With the touch tablet you can perform gestures directly with two fingers simultaneously - it comes with scrolling gestures (two fingers swiped in any direction), and back/forward gestures - two fingers swiped/brushed to the left or right. I would like to be able to create my own custom gestures using the same method (or more fingers).
Mike Hatch
Re: Allow 'no button' or multi-touch draw gestures
January 03, 2010 04:13PM
Also, while experimenting, I changed the draw button to the left mouse button, which allows me to draw gestures with a double-tap+draw action (the Bamboo has a default drag behavior of double tap+hold+drag. When I do this with StrokeIt enabled, the screen drawing of the gesture happens, but the gestures messages do not execute (nothing happens). If I hold my regular mouse left button down with my other hand and then gesture with my finger on the tablet the StrokeIt gestures work normally. This would appear to be a bug/behavioral problem using StroketIt with the Bamboo Touch.
Leo
January 03, 2010 04:44PM
Hello Mike Hatch,

Try to disable forward, backward and scroll. It seems to me that you can activate RClick with your 2 fingers if so the software of bamboo avoid you from using StrokeIt

Thanks Leo
January 08, 2011 05:55PM
Multi-touch gesture would definitely be a good add-on, all the lap-tops released in the last 2 years have a multi-touch sensitivity included to there track-pads
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 21?