Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Aero Peek

Posted by Siyh 
Siyh
Aero Peek
May 10, 2009 05:02AM
Hi, I'm attempting to find a way to use the aero-peek shortcut in windows 7 (Win and space) with strokeit. The problem I'm having is that I can active aero-peek when I press the mouse buttons but not stop it when I release the buttons. (I'm assuming) This is because there is no way (that I can find) to make strokeit do something at the end of a shortcut button press, and as strokeit 'captures' the shortcut buttons there is no way for an external program to register the release of the shortcut buttons.
I hope I've explained that clearly enough.

Any Ideas? An option to hold hotkeys down for as long as the strokeit hotkey is pressed would be ideal

Here's a more in depth explaination of what I've attempted so far:
I'm using the strokeit shortcut of holding down both mouse buttons and this works fine to activate aero-peek, either by starting a script I wrote (using autoit) to send the keystrokes or by sending the keystrokes: [WIN_DOWN][SPACE]. Obviously sending the keystrokes actives aero-peek smoothly but it doesn't stop until I press the windows button on the keyboard. The script works fine but there is a delay until aero-peek starts, and it requires another mouse click to stop the script.
Another thing I tried was sending the keystrokes : [WIN_DOWN][SPACE][WIN_UP] but this only sends them once. It also only sends once if you send them as a hotkey.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 2?