Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Write all settings in .ini instead of registry

Posted by jordis 
Hi
thanks for this great utility!

I'm successfully using strokeit in a USB stick in a portable manner, so i have all my gestures in any PC I work with.
However, since stroleit writes some settings to the registry, it cannot really be considered as a truly "portable" application. (Although all the gesture-related settings are located within the program directory)

My suggestion, then, would be to store all settings in an INI file instead of the registry. You could give an option to the user on whether to use .INI file (for portability) or registry to store the settings.
Alternatively, you could implement it in such a way that by default Strokeit looks for an .INI at startup and, if there's none, then it looks at the registry.

Thanks!
jordis

How funny, I just thought the same thing.
I'm looking for this functionality too, to make it U3 (www.u3.com) compatible would be perfect.

grtz,

Horus
jack
Re: Write all settings in .ini instead of registry
September 02, 2006 12:51AM
hope so
jordis
Re: Write all settings in .ini instead of registry
October 23, 2006 02:20PM
Wow! 5 months passed from my initial suggestion... I even forgot that I posted this... Actually I came here to post the same suggestion and I realised I had already posted it back in May!
Strokeit is a utility that once you get used to it, you can't do without... That's why it's the perfect candidate to reside in any USB stick: to take all the gestures everywhere you go.

Unfortunately, it looks like that this project is quite dead development-wise...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 23?