Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Enable StrokeIt after disable.

Posted by none 
none
Enable StrokeIt after disable.
March 10, 2005 05:13PM
It'd be cool for StrokeIt to be able to disable then be re-enabled with a mouse movement gesture. For example, on Windows XP Tablet Edition, there is a rapid back and forth gesture that brings up the tablet input panel.

When you disable StrokeIt, maybe have it so it still recognizes a mouse movement/gesture (only one or whatever/configurable). Then it will activate StrokeIt and bring it out of disabled mode.
Rob
Re: Enable StrokeIt after disable.
March 11, 2005 09:01AM
I see what you're saying, but for me the only time I disable StrokeIt is because I'm using an app which requires holding down the right-mouse button to manipulate things (like 3DSMax or something). To allow StrokeIt to still recognize a gesture, it would have to keep its mouse 'hook' active, possibly interfering with the other applications mouse 'hook' or using too many resources.

Can't win 'em all...
nik
March 11, 2005 12:13PM
use the
"strokeit-temporary disable" command . exactly what u r looking for.

Rob
March 11, 2005 03:25PM
That's only for the next gesture though, not if you want to disable for a while and 'gesture' back on.
nik
March 12, 2005 01:28AM
well i thought u needed to disable for inly one gesture for that rapid movement thread.

Anywaz another neat way of disabling :

reduce the gesure timeout peiod in pref.
now make a small gesture movement and stop till the cplor line disappears, wich shld take a very small time (keep holding the rbuitton). now strokeit is disabled till the mouse button is down.

i hope u r following me and do u know all other methods of disabling strokeit: holding ctrl , clicking icon etc.
goodluck :)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 2?