Contact Us

StrokeIt

Program icons

Posted by tpr 
tpr
Program icons
January 10, 2005 06:57AM
Hi,

I think it would be great if we could see the programs' icon in the command editor. For example, the application Internet Explorer could be indicated by the internet explorer icon, so one can easily find the program in the list. And, of course, it would be a bit more beautiful :)
Scott
Re: Program icons
January 10, 2005 08:51AM
This wouldn't work properly, because more than one application can be identified for each "Application" in StrokeIt. For example, I have a "Chat Programs" group, which triggers over applications such as Yahoo Messenger, AIM, Miranda, and Trillian.
Griff
January 11, 2005 05:38PM
in that case is there any chance of being able to choose an icon for each group? or perhaps if you can manage it, have it automatically recognise the icon for each program, and when there is more than one program it gives you the option of which of those icons to use.
Jordan
January 13, 2005 07:30AM
Usually, for MDI programs, I tend to use Title Recognition rather than Class or FileName recognition.

With or without files opened in an MDI program, the title differs. So it is possible to assign different actions to different states for the program. For example, if a file is opened in EditPlus, its title looks like "EditPlus - [...]", without files opened, the title is "EditPlus". So, I assign Down-Right to "Ctrl+F4" if the title is "EditPlus - *", and the global actions (Down-Right = Alt+F4) will be used if all files in EditPlus are closed and the title is EditPlus, no longer matching the title pattern "EditPlus - *" when MDI windows are inside.

It is impossible to find out icons for title recognition.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 25?