Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Learning Mode

Posted by RobP 
RobP
Learning Mode
December 17, 2004 05:09AM
Please make the Learning Mode window a bit taller in order that there is a large blank area to draw strokes.
Scott
Re: Learning Mode
December 17, 2004 03:56PM
There's no need to draw the gesture in the window itself. Gestures are always captured.
RobP
January 17, 2005 06:19AM
True, but it would be nice for the program to provide an uncluttered area to draw in
Scott
January 17, 2005 07:51AM
Why, if it's not necessary? It's misleading.
RobP
January 26, 2005 05:32AM
I am not going to spend my time arguing here with you. It is a very simple change to make. You seem to have an issue about it.
nik
January 26, 2005 07:22AM
well even i will hav a issue abt it, if scott has to spend his time on such stupid uneeded changes.
Once again THANKS FOR THIS GREAT PROGRAM!!!
Scott
January 26, 2005 10:21AM
Well, it'd be Jeff's change, not mine.

But, still, why bother with it? It's misleading.

If you can come up with a compelling argument to create a misleading user interface, then I'm sure I'd change my mind.
Jenny
January 27, 2005 05:26AM
nik you are a PRAT
Jeff
January 27, 2005 08:31AM
Let's try to keep things friendly in here.

There are many features that may seem like a good idea, or may make sense to some users, but developing software for a large audience is a difficult process. Not everything that seems like a good idea in certain situations will work well in other situations.

Just because an idea doesn't make it into the main program doesn't mean it's not a good idea - it just may not be practical for everyone. Avoiding confusion and keeping the program simple are two very important goals and any new feature requests must meet those goals.

Don't take it personally if a feature doesn't make it into the program, all feedback here is greatly appreciated. Sometimes an idea or a complaint will lead to bigger ideas and great features. It's very important to me that everyone feel welcome to share their ideas here and not feel hurt or rejected.

RobP: Thank you for sharing your idea here. I don't think it will be implemented because it would mislead the user into thinking that the gesture must be drawn over the window, which is wrong and confusing. Instead, it might be a good idea to put a message on the window saying "You do not need to draw your gesture inside of this window. Please use the entire screen to draw your mouse gesture." What do you think?

-- Jeff
nik
January 27, 2005 12:13PM
ooh robP u change your name and i wouldn't know, lol

jeff wrote:
"You do not need to draw your gesture inside of this window. Please use the entire screen to draw your mouse gesture." What do you think?

Perfect :up:
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 17?