Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Choose Input Device with Independent Settings for Each

Posted by Lincoln Berry 
Lincoln Berry
Choose Input Device with Independent Settings for Each
November 12, 2004 11:26AM
First of all, let me express my most sincerest gratitude for this excellent utility!

The utility is awesome, but there is a pair of feature suggestions I have that I would more than willingly pay premium dollar for:

1. Make it possible to select which input device that StrokeIt will utilize, and

2. Allow each device to have its control schema configured FULLY INDEPENDENT of one another!

Should I have several input devices, such as a Wacom tablet, a trackball, a USB mouse, a PS/2 mouse, and a touchscreen all attached to the same computer, it would be absolutely AWESOME to configure each totally independent of the other!

In my case: I have a standard PS/2 mouse, but I also have a USB touchscreen monitor attached to the same computer.

It would be nice if I could specify which device (one, the other, or BOTH) by selecting or de-selecting a checkbox or combo box with the "friendly" device names of each device: i.e., I could turn off StrokeIt for my mouse ENTIRELY, and leave it ON for my USB touchscreen monitor. (This would be IMPERATIVE.)

Also, all of the "General" preferences should be independently configurable. Meaning, I should be able to specify whether each device responds by left-click or right-click, the colored line attributes, etc.

Perhaps later in development, it would only make sense that each input device have its own, independent control schemas. For example: Gesturing an "W" with my MOUSE might maximise a window, while gesturing that same "W" with my TOUCHSCREEN might start the Windows Media Player application!

I will say with utter confidence that you could sell such a "Pro" or "Enterprise" version of StrokeIt for premium dollar. I know I would be the first to invest! ;-)

Lincoln Berry III, Founder
GrabTV, Inc.
[url=http://grabtv.bizland.com]http://grabtv.bizland.com[/url]
grabtv_4@pop.bizland.com
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 24?