Contact Us

StrokeIt

alternatives for right click press

Posted by yakrider 
yakrider
alternatives for right click press
September 18, 2004 10:04PM
hi,
first off i really love this program. Thanks for writing this program. mmuuuah..!!

Now, I use a laptop and my right click button is clumsy. I was wondering why it shouldnt be possible to have an option to get the gestures drawn while pressing some specified button like the alt key instead while having to press the right button.
First it would make life a bit easier as you wouldnt have to press and move the mouse at the same time.. think of old people.. people with disabilities, motor control problems...
Second, it would allow the use of two hands for those who like it... one finger over the alt button the other moving the mouse or touchpad...

Third, and most important (at least to me!), it would let people with laptops and clumsy right click buttons (placed away from the pad itself so cant easily press the button and draw stuff with one hand) make best use of this program.

Besides, I think implementing that option should be pretty easy too.

Thanks
yakrider
Scott
Re: alternatives for right click press
September 18, 2004 10:19PM
1) StrokeIt is mouse driven. Attaching it to the keyboard defeats the purpose.
2) You'd still have to press something, and move something.

I use StrokeIt on my laptop on a regular basis, and have no problems.

Just personal opinions, here.
Tum
Re: alternatives for right click press
December 30, 2004 03:45AM
Allowing stroke detection using by holding down control would be a great idea. Let me explain why:

I use a Tablet PC with a Wacom pen. The pen driver lets me map the pen button to "right click" but not "right button down" and it requires the pen nib to press down on the screen.

The driver does let me map the pen button to a modifier key like control and the pen can just be hovering over the screen for it to work.

If strokeit could detect strokes while control is held down instead of while the right mouse button is held down then I could perform strokes by holding down my pen button and waving the per over the screen. that would be way too cool!!

As it is right now, strokeit gets no use on my tablet which is a shame :(
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 8?