Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Mouse Movements as a Command

Posted by ProNooB 
ProNooB
Mouse Movements as a Command
February 21, 2004 10:19AM
I'l try and be a clear as possible by giving an example of use first.

Lest say I want to control System or Winamp volume via mouse gesture.
I want to make a mouse gesture, say, R_Button[down], and then i can control volume (or any other kind of slider) by moving the mouse iether along the Y or X-Axis. When I'm ready, I exit the command mode by R_button[up]. It's this motion along the axese which I think would be a useful command.

The way it would work is that to configure the comand you set a downtick and uptick value (or a lefttick and righttick). So for the system volume you would first need to send a command to lock onto the system volume (using the Run, Window - Activate, or WinMsg commands) and then specify the uptick as [1] arrow_up/pixel and downtick as [1] arrow_down/pixel. The [1]'s can be changed to any value you like to change sensitivity (even decimal values maybe, like [0.5], for ultra sensitivity).

This sort of thing could be handy for any apps with knobs or sliders than need turning
Ivan Wayne
Re: Mouse Movements as a Command
April 24, 2004 10:03PM
Yeah, for Scrool up and Down, for example! You may use an small gesture to activate scroll actions, and just move the mouse up and down to scrool a text in internet explorer, for example......and when you´re finished, just pressing quickly the right mouse button would let anything back to normal....

No matter where the mouse is actually :) Just to avoid the time and precision we have to roll up or down in the right bar (wow, poor 1600x1200 people) ;P
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 23?