Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Esy way to turn colored lines on/off

Posted by Michael Kairys 
Michael Kairys
Esy way to turn colored lines on/off
September 18, 2003 10:19AM
I find I prefer running without the colored lines, but sometimes I want to quickly turn them on to see what I'm doing wrong with a particular gesture. I would like to have a convenient toggle mechanism for this.

I suggest two: a command, "StrokeIt - Toggle Gesture Display" or somesuch, and left-doubleclick the system tray icon. I would also suggest turning the icon green when Gesture Display is on.
Michael Kairys
Re: Esy way to turn colored lines on/off
September 18, 2003 11:00AM
While waiting for the next version (:-) here's my workaround:

(1) A global action to bring up the StrokeIt command editor

(2) An application action for the command editor to toggle the colored lines setting. That turns out to be the following keystroke sequence:

[CTRL_DOWN]P[CTRL_UP]D[ENTER]
Scott
September 18, 2003 01:55PM
Then it seems as though you're all set. :)

-Scott
Michael Kairys
September 18, 2003 04:43PM
> Then it seems as though you're all set. :)

Not really. To make this work I have to do two gestures: first a global one whose action is to bring up the command editor, and a second one in the editor whose action is the keystroke sequence. And I have to watch the dialog box flash by.

What I want is a single action that I can invoke from a global gesture, like StrokeIt - Command Editor or StrokeIt - Disable
Scott
September 18, 2003 09:41PM
You'll have to talk to jeff, since he's the StrokeIt internals guy. :)

-Scott
Leo
Re: Easy way to turn colored lines on/off
November 07, 2003 04:13AM
Hi Michael Kairys,

Perhaps a little late but I have done what you want a single stroke to turn colored lines on or off.

Ok you have to wait until Command Editor is closed but you have a single gesture for that.

please visit [url=http://www.strokeit.tk]http://www.strokeit.tk[/url]

under actions you find colored lines on or off

import it

By default it is global actions reversed A

with best regards

Leo

Michael Kairys
Re: Easy way to turn colored lines on/off
November 14, 2003 08:56AM
Thanks, Leo. I actually accomplished the same thing with with a keyboard macro courtesy of Macro Express (which I have touted already in these forums ;-)

It would still be nicer to accomplish this without having to bring up the Strokeit window and automate the menus... (Jeff? ;-)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 12?