Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Lock Computer Command

Posted by Slayemin 
Slayemin
Lock Computer Command
September 05, 2003 10:29PM
I'm trying to lock the computer (NT based systems)
Only way I can think of currently, but doesn't seem to work, is to send the following via "Keys - send keystrokes":
[CTRL_DOWN]x[ALT_DOWN]x[DELETE_DOWN][CTRL_UP][ALT_UP][DELETE_UP][ENTER_DOWN][ENTER_UP]

However, it doesn't work. I can't even get the first part down. It mentions that I'm sending the strokes to a specific window, but I'm doing it on the desktop to be sure. Do you think its possible in the current version, or would that have to be something specifically added in a future version?

Slayemin
PS. Awesome program! I love it!
Scott
Re: Lock Computer Command
September 06, 2003 12:09AM
Try [win_down]l[win_up]

-Scott
Eli
June 17, 2004 10:22AM
For Windows 2000 or NT, that doesn´t support WIN+L:

It´s a little tricky.
Install WinOFF from AMPSOFT (www.ampsoft.net). It´s free, and a very handy program.
It has a command line parameter "-lock" to lock the computer inmediatly.
Configure a gesture in Stroke-it (I use "L") to run a program. Browse to the WinOff.exe file, put -lock as the argument, and voilá. You have instant lock computer for Win2000 and NT.

Regards.
Oroumov.
June 18, 2004 05:18AM
Using another program is just fine, but you can use a very simple trick instead :

rundll32 user32.dll,LockWorkStation

Enjoy !

- Oroumov
SamSwashbuckler
October 14, 2004 04:48PM
Another note:

for anyone using [Win_Down]L[Win_Up], the [Win_Up] often doesn't get sent because the system is already locked. This means you can't use keys such as e (because that normally opens Windows Explorer) until the system receives a [Win_Up] signal. If you have to use an e in your password to unlock the system, for example, it's a bit of a problem. If you press the physical windows key on your keyboard it'll be fixed, but if you don't have one (on a laptop or old keyboard) you're screwed :P
nicorey
November 17, 2004 04:10AM
if you use XP
just pres "Windows / L" this will lock your session

Griff
November 29, 2004 02:03PM
Cheers for explaining how to lock your PC (for winXP). but the problem with this is that I was hoping for a method of locking it which I could unlock using a different gesture. Would this be at all possible? I don't think its possible using the windows lock command, but perhaps someone could work out a different way?

Griff
November 29, 2004 02:03PM
Cheers for explaining how to lock your PC (for winXP). but the problem with this is that I was hoping for a method of locking it which I could unlock using a different gesture. Would this be at all possible? I don't think its possible using the windows lock command, but perhaps someone could work out a different way? Any ideas?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 22?