Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

* * * * * some secret dreams * * * * *

Posted by blubb_fallo 
blubb_fallo
* * * * * some secret dreams * * * * *
July 08, 2003 02:14AM
view/edit a list * of all gestures associated * with a particular * command in any context
view/edit a list of all commands * associated with a particular gesture * in any context *
view/edit * the multiple * drawing plot of each saved * gesture (each singel "learned" drawing associated to* a gesture should be deletable) *

a runtime feedback window * tool wich can * show the actual gesture´s name and command * *

* and, finally,
multi button * gesture support *

Scott
Re: * * * * * some secret dreams * * * * *
July 08, 2003 07:34AM
... what's with all the asterisks?

-Scott
Jeff
July 08, 2003 07:44AM
Secret dreams require asterisks.

- view/edit a list of all gestures associated with a particular command in any context

- view/edit a list of all commands associated with a particular gesture in any context

This is not likely to be added. However, if someone really wants this feature, it would not be that hard to write a 3rd party utility to parse the config files and do this.

- each singel "learned" drawing associated to a gesture should be deletable

This is already sort of possible. The learning mode will let you reassign associated "learned" drawings, provided you're able to draw them in the learning mode.

- view/edit the multiple drawing plot of each saved gesture

This is not likely to happen, StrokeIt stores only enough information to allow it to recognize patterns, not to redisplay the original input.

- a runtime feedback window tool wich can show the actual gesture´s name and command

This sounds a lot like the "OSD for every command" option that has come up here in the past. To be honest, I'm not anxious to add something like that, but, again, it would be pretty easy to write a 3rd party utility that could run through the config files and add an OSD command to every action.

- and, finally, multi button gesture support

If by mulit-button, you mean "a gesture using button1 is different than a gesture using button2", then this may happen someday. If you mean "hold down button1 and button2 to draw gestures", then it's not likely to happen.

-- Jeff
blubb_fallo
all asterisks are gone
July 08, 2003 12:55PM
Well, dreams cannot be argued about . . .

One question´s left anyway: Right now StrokeIt misinterpreted my custom-made "mushroom" gesture and opened the "S"ave file window instead. How can I redefine this single drawing to be a mushroom? I dont even know a way to look at it again. When I try to redraw it in the learning modus, it will look way different, and give a different result (maybe the right one).
Dennis
September 05, 2003 01:46PM
blubb: just teach strokeIT over and over, its self learning so the more you draw the same symbol and tell strokeit it is definately that omnious mushroom you are drawing there, strokeit is gonna recognize it the next time.
on
November 14, 2003 07:45AM
Jeff wrote

> - and, finally, multi button gesture support
> If by mulit-button, you mean "a gesture using button1 is different than a > gesture using button2", then this may happen someday. If you mean "hold
> down button1 and button2 to draw gestures", then it's not likely to happen.

i don't want to open a new topic but i would like to ask for some help.
i want to mod an example sourcecode that is written by Markus Rollmann and downloadable at codeproject.com.
its a small application to resize/move windows (drag anywhere in a window) with Alt+Mousebuttons (alt+button1 = move window, alt+button2 = resize window)

you write above: is "hold down button1 and button2 to draw gestures" not possible or won't happen? this is my question because i was thinking how it would be the best to mod the windowsizer tool to catch windows.
i experienced if i push button1 then hold button2 it recognizes only the last-pushed button.
well, we can't use a mousebutton as a modifierkey, can we?
on
November 14, 2003 07:47AM
one more thing. i know there are some possibilities like:
use a4tech driver to assign alt key to a mousebutton (button3).
but this is not so elegant ;-)
Michael Kairys
November 14, 2003 08:53AM
> view/edit a list of all gestures associated
> with a particular command in any context

> view/edit a list of all commands associated
> with a particular gesture in any context

I've written a Perl script which, as Jeff suggested, parses the .cfg files and comes up with various types of information. It has gotten pretty elaborate, as scripts are wont to do (:-) Currently it looks like this:

Usage: strokes -actions [Application] | -gestures [Gesture] | -unused

Application and Gesture are case-insensitive regexps, the former listing gestures used within the specified applications, the latter listing which applications use the specified gestures. -unused lists gestures not used by any application. Examples:

"strokes -a x" gives me apps with "x" in the name:

Excel
Delete Down-Right

Xplorer2
Bookmarks Right-Up
Locate In Tree T

"strokes -g /" gives me which apps use any gesture with a /:

/ Down Minimize Default
Minimize Visual Studio
Minimize All Windows Desktop

/ Down-/ Up Close Default

/ Up Max/Restore Default
Restore All Windows Desktop

I can make this available as a Perl script if you have Perl installed, or as a standalone executable if you wish.

Brian
January 28, 2004 03:52PM
"Secret dreams require asterisks."

Are you gay?
Ger
February 19, 2004 02:18PM
@Michael Kairys

please could you be so kind and send me your script as a standalone executable???

Ger_84@gmx.at

I yould be very grateful for that!
blubb_fallo
March 11, 2004 02:31AM
@Michael

Although handling "mislearned" gestures still remains the hardest issue, your script is quite a part of what I was asking for. Hence I'd definitely like to have a try with it. Could you send it to me by email, or would you perhaps even put it somewhere in the net to give easier access to it to other interested people, too? Thank you very much in advance.

bf_StrokeIt.mail.zooloo@spamgourmet.comNOSPAM
Michael Kairys
March 12, 2004 08:18AM
I'll be glad to send it to you, but note that Ger had some problems running the compiled version and I ended up sending him the Perl source. If you are at all familiar with Perl and have it installed I would recommend that.

In any case give me an email address and I'll send it as an attachment.
blubb_fallo
March 22, 2004 01:26PM
To be honest, I am not very familar with Perl. However, I´d like to give it a try (at my own risk, of course, don´t worry about that).

Please send your script to my email address given above, without the NOSPAM at the end - the address starts with "bf_" end ends with "com".

Thank you so far.

bf

John Topo
October 05, 2004 08:50AM
On 03-12-04 09:18 Michael Kairys (---.wanarb01.mi.comcast.net) wrote:
>
> I'll be glad to send it to you, but note that Ger had some
> problems running the compiled version and I ended up sending
> him the Perl source. If you are at all familiar with Perl and have it
> installed I would recommend that.
>
> In any case give me an email address and I'll send it as an
> attachment

Micheal, if you (or anyone who has had your compiled code) is reading this then I would really apprreciate getting sent a copy by email.

I already use the Markus Rollmann utility you refer to. He calls it "WM" from codeproject.com.

It would be REALLY GREAT to have that code called by StrokeIt.

----

My email address is as follows (remove the tune):

john_topo@DOHDOHDOHaol-mailDAHDAHDAH.fsnetDEEDEEDEE.co.uk

Thank you ... John
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 15?