Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Plugin additions

Posted by Scott 
Scott
Plugin additions
June 07, 2003 08:25PM
Alright, I got Visual Studio installed again, so, any update requests you have for me, let me know. I think the only things that have been requested so far were improvements to the Minimize To Tray plugin, and to the OSD plugin. But, let me know which ones for sure.

-Scott
Anthony R.
Re: Plugin additions
June 08, 2003 12:47AM
Well I'm glad to hear that you got it installed again. You know I'm waiting for the OSD from clipboard option. Please keep us updated.
Anthony R.
June 09, 2003 11:24AM
What other plugins are you responsible for?

Listing those would help us come up with more suggestions.
Scott
June 09, 2003 12:17PM
Multi-mon, utilities, osd, and minimize to tray come to mind. :)

-Scott
Borgtex
June 09, 2003 02:02PM
option for OSD to display system info (used system resources, ...)
Anthony R.
June 09, 2003 02:42PM
That is a good one.

It would be cool if osd could read from flat file.
Scott
June 09, 2003 04:06PM
Reading from a flat file isn't going to happen until a scripting engine gets in there, if one does. Then, reading files will become its own plugin, and you'd put values into registers. then osd would read those registers. Thusly, neither will will system info be implimented, because that would require either: 1) reading from a file provided by a stats program, or 2) bloat in the plugin to get the stats itself. both are no good. of course, if we get that scripting engine, then i'll write a stats plugin to put stats into registers, and then, again, osd can read those registers.

-Scott
Anthony R.
June 09, 2003 04:31PM
That's what I figured which is why I mentioned reading from a flat file. Then it would open up possibilities to create a bunch of other plugins that would write to a 'register'. We're on the same page.

Thanks for the explanation.
Scott
June 09, 2003 04:44PM
No problem. I've been looking at existing scripting solutions that like to play well with being embeded. The only disadvantage that I can find of most of them is that they'll all at least double the size of the strokeit distribution. So, we'll see where all that ends up.

The register thing isn't entirely scripting based. The same sort of thing could be achieved with just an internal structure for passing data between plugin calls. One of the issues with that, though, is, what are the plugins supposed to look for when their calls get triggered, what do they do if they can't find it, and, what do they do if there's something different there? More stuff for the StrokeIt internals guy (That's Jeff), to look at.

-Scott
Scott
June 09, 2003 06:00PM
Geez, I start visual studio, and work actually gets done.

[url=http://www.redrubberball.net/files/StrokeIt_OSD_1.0.exe]New OSD Build[/url]

That should have the "Use Clipboard" functionality in it. If the checkbox is checked, it'll use the clipboard if there's text data in it. Otherwise, it'll give you whatever is in the field above it (for example, 'no text' or something, so you know there was nothing in the clipboard, and that the plugin didn't just fail). If this doesn't work, let me know. But, it works for me.

-Scott
Leo
June 10, 2003 01:55AM
Hi Scott,

For me the following key codes are new

(VK_BROWSER_BACK 0xA6 Windows 2000/XP: Browser Back key
(VK_BROWSER_FORWARD 0xA7 Windows 2000/XP: Browser Forward key
(VK_BROWSER_REFRESH 0xA8 Windows 2000/XP: Browser Refresh key
(VK_BROWSER_STOP 0xA9 Windows 2000/XP: Browser Stop key
(VK_BROWSER_SEARCH 0xAA Windows 2000/XP: Browser Search key
(VK_BROWSER_FAVORITES 0xAB Windows 2000/XP: Browser Favorites key
(VK_BROWSER_HOME 0xAC Windows 2000/XP: Browser Start and Home key
VK_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE 0xB3 Windows 2000/XP: Play/Pause Media key !!!
(VK_LAUNCH_MAIL 0xB4 Windows 2000/XP: Start Mail key
(VK_LAUNCH_MEDIA_SELECT 0xB5 Windows 2000/XP: Select Media key
(VK_LAUNCH_APP1 0xB6 Windows 2000/XP: Start Application 1 key
(VK_LAUNCH_APP2 0xB7 Windows 2000/XP: Start Application 2 key

so can you please tell me how I can use the key codes
wm_keydown to current windows is not doing the job,
so to what window must I post this command ?
or can you implement this in the keys - send keystrokes plugin ? or an outside
plugin to control master volume under 2000/XP.

with best regards

Leo

Jeff
June 10, 2003 07:07AM
Hi, Leo,

I'll see about adding the new keycodes to the keystrokes plugin.

-- Jeff
Leo
June 10, 2003 07:27AM
Hi Jeff,

That would be fantastic thank you.
But pay attention the new keycodes are only working under 2000/XP. :)

with best regards

Leo

Anthony R.
June 10, 2003 09:21AM
Fantastic the new OSD works great. Just a tip for everyone, when I started using it, it seems to move the field values up a field. so in the time field it showed the font size and in the size it showed the name. Obviously it didn't work with settings like that:).

If its not too much trouble would there be anyway to display the clipboard data as variable in a string.

Here's an example.

The clipboard data is %clip%.

Or something like that...I'm sure you get the point. If its a lot of extra work then leave it as is. Its my fault for not thinking this all the way thru when I made the initial request.

Thanks again for taking the time to add this functionality. Great work as usual.
Scott
June 10, 2003 09:54AM
Sure, I can probably add that.

And yeah, I forgot to mention the fact that the settings are all gonna change. :)

-Scott
Anthony R.
June 10, 2003 10:07AM
Fantastic. I do apologize again for not thinking it all the way through. I didn't intend to create extra work for you.
Anthony R.
July 09, 2003 03:38PM
Not trying to bug you Scott, but I was just wondering if you were you still planning on adding the extra features discussed. If not, no big deal...I can stop checking the status on this thread :).
Scott
July 15, 2003 08:58AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'll look into it again. Thanks for reminding me.
Anthony R.
July 16, 2003 10:16AM
Also Scott...it seems as though there are problems with the new osd plugin. Myself and a friend are both receiving strokeit has generated errors on win2k when trying to use the plugin. If I remove the osd from the action then no problems. As soon as I add it back I get the error at least 75% of the time. I tried a full uninstall/reinstall to a new directory and same problem. Do you have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further.
Scott
July 16, 2003 11:20AM
Hrm. O.k. I'll check into that, too.
Scott
July 20, 2003 07:26AM
Alright, I'm getting the crash now too, occassionaly, so at least now I have something to debug. As for substituting %clip%, don't hold your breath. ;-) Unless its really that big of an issue, then, you still shouldn't hold your breath, but, know that I'll actually work on it.

-Scott
Anthony R.
July 21, 2003 08:30AM
Thats ok...if you could fix the crashing part that would be good enough for me :D

Thanks
Tycho Quad
July 23, 2003 06:17AM
I'm not sure what's been requested in regard to minimize to tray, but i've noticed a bug...

whenever i minimize to tray, it does just that. but when i restore it, it leaves a blank space in my tray. Are other people experiencing this? is it supposed to happen?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 6?