Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

OSD, read from file...

Posted by Parmardil 
Parmardil
OSD, read from file...
April 16, 2003 01:02PM
I like the OSD function but it has great limitations since it only can display text you've actually written yourself. One great feature would be if you could specifiy a text file from which the OSD plugin reads what to display.

I thought about it today, when I realized that I'm too lazy to bring foobar2000 up to actually see what the song I'm listening too is named. Therfor I thought that it would be great if you could get an OSD, with the title, artist and so on, to popup when a certain gesture is performed. That would be easy if you could read from a text file. In that case the file needs to be read each time the gesture is preformed, and not just on the program startup.

Might this be possible?

Scott
Re: OSD, read from file...
April 16, 2003 02:43PM
Point of Order: Why do you have music that you don't know what it is? ;)

Yes, this would be perfectly possible, if I weren't exceptionally lazy.

I suggest this: [url=http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?act=ST&f=27&t=7363&hl=titlebar&s=6571a6cb164d36381b6baf0b819903a0]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?act=ST&f=27&t=7363&hl=titlebar&s=6571a6cb164d36381b6baf0b819903a0[/url]

If that won't suit your needs, maybe I can make myself unlazy.

-Scott
Parmardil
April 16, 2003 03:06PM
Hehe. Well, I DO know what music I have, most of the time. But from time to time I can't seem to remember song names...

Thanks for trying to help but though foo_Tbar is an excellent plugin, I find it a bit annoying. It kind of disturbs my layout. I can't make fit in as good as I'd like.

Sorry to disappoint you but I think I would have to say that it doesn't quite suit my needs. But if you actually are exceptionally lazy (I do know the true meaning of lazy :) then maybe you can do this in the "future" ;)

I will probably be able to go on with my life even if you don't. Afterall, I managed to surive without strokeit for years, even though I don't know today why I did not perish ;)

And, btw, just to point out. This song reporting thing was only the first thing i thought of. I'm thinking that it can be useful for alot of other stuff too.
Parmardil
April 16, 2003 03:11PM
Just to make clear.

Don't do it unless you really feel like it :) Perhaps sometime when you feel you have the time.

Thanks anyways :)
Scott
April 16, 2003 03:37PM
I never do anything I don't want to. ;)

I'll put it on the slate for a "future" enhancement. I'm sure I'll end up bored some night, and crack it open.

-Scott
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 15?