Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Linux-Version

Posted by DarkLord 
DarkLord
Linux-Version
March 02, 2003 12:45PM
Haven't been here for a while.... great to see that the page is 'back' :)

Anyhow, what about a linux version?
Seriously... it would be great to have the same gestures in Konqueror/Nautilus as in Explorer...

(this would apply to MANY other applications as well, but since the File Managers/Browsers are the applications where i miss 'my gestures' the most....)

Well really, a linux version would be SO cool :-/
jj
Re: Linux-Version
March 05, 2003 08:46AM
Yes, I'd like to give linux a try again, but there is no way I could use an OS without gestures like strokeit. It is the most indespensible program I have.
Scott
March 05, 2003 02:19PM
JJ, I'm on exactly the same page as you. I'm entirely addicted to this piece of software. Granted, it might sound like a bit of a biased opinion (;-)) but it's honestly one of the most useful pieces of software that I have, and one of the first things I install on every box that I touch. Once you're used to it, it's so difficult to go back to a non-gesture system.

I hear the same holds for DVORAK. :-D

-Scott
Anthony R.
March 08, 2003 10:30AM
This would be sooo awesome. Stroke-it and photoshop are the only things keeping me from going to linux full time.

Hey scott I know what u mean. I hate going to a friends house and using their computer. I catch myself trying to do gestures over and over again :).
jj
March 20, 2003 12:42AM
Somebody running linux should check out:
[url=http://www.stressbunny.com/wayv/]http://www.stressbunny.com/wayv/[/url]
and let us know if it can pass for strokeit on linux.

And Anthony, have you tried The Gimp?
Anthony R.
March 21, 2003 03:16PM
Hey jj. Yes I've tried the gimp, but I just don't find it as intuitive as PS. Plus I'm finally getting used to ps.
dbirdz.ch.vu
March 27, 2003 12:39PM
hey guys

i can understand that it is a very usefull tool, and you get used to it very fast. me too, i don't like to browse the web without them handy forward and backward.

but you're nearly making a religion out of it. i mean, apple does officially not even have a right mouse-button.
me personnally, i would never say it's a criterion for a whole os. you'd better watch out what's going on with that 'wind0ws tru$tworthy computing' stuff, when your windows pa11adium will tell you what to run and not otherwise round. at that time i would definetely start thinking about giving linux or sth similar a try.

sorry, actually i just wanted to say that most of the commands you do by mouse-gestures can be executed quite handy by some key-strokes. but, me too, we are often too lazy to move our hand to the keyboard instead of keeping it comfortably on the lap. and do the handy things by mouse.

i exagerated a little, but i hope you got my point anyway. greetz, damian

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 12?