Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

StrokeIt and Opera's mouse gestures

Posted by Martin 
Martin
StrokeIt and Opera's mouse gestures
February 24, 2003 07:17AM

StrokeIt is a godsend, and I'd like to use it in every application for the sake of consistency - also in Opera, which I'm using as my main webbrowser.

However, StrokeIt collides with the context-sensitive right-click features provided by Opera: no more "mouse down" to open a link in a new window or "mouse down + up" to open the window in a background. Also, the very convenient "tab through open windows using the mousewheel" doesn't work anymore.

I know this is greedy :) , but I'd like to use both the StrokeIt actions and Opera's own mouse gestures for links - *without* pressing a modifier key.

Any chance that StrokeIt could

a) recognize Opera's links as such and "leave them alone", not intercept mouse gestures on links

OR

b) StrokeIt providing link-specific gestures in Opera?

Dennis
Re: StrokeIt and Opera's mouse gestures
February 24, 2003 08:02AM
Sure, just add Opera as an application and click on "disable gestures in this app"

and StrokeiT won't work in Opera.
+
Dennis
Martin
February 25, 2003 06:51AM
> just add Opera as an application and click on
> "disable gestures in this app"

Just as I said: I'd like to use *both* Opera's own link-specific gestures and the generic StrokeIt gestures (Open, Save etc.) in Opera. StrokeIt currently can't replace these link-specific gestures, as it doesn't "see" that a gesture (such as "down-up" for "Open link in background window) is executed over a link.

I know this means asking a lot, but it's really the only place where StrokeIt and an application's internal use of the right mouse button collide.
Jeff
February 25, 2003 08:26AM
This feature may become available in future releases.

-- Jeff
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 21?