Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Hotkey Support and Coolmon-like status display in the On-Screen Display

Posted by Flare 
<HTML>Would it be possible to add keyboard hotkey support to StrokeIt?

What I basically mean is, when you define commands, the triggers could be keyboard keys instead of mouse gestures. I know there are a plethora of apps out there that already do that, but it would allow us users to run one less program at any given time, plus give us all of the functionality of StrokeIt at the touch of a key. (I'm talking about doing stuff like making popups or minimizing windows.)

Another suggestion, but I think this would probably go over in the "too much overhead" department. It would be nice if you could display certain aspects of your system in the On Screen Display command. For example, I would draw an "F" and my CPU Fan speed would pop up. If you want to go even farther than you could create something like coolmon's scripting language to make that even more customizable.

And I'm sure you get this a lot, but you've made a great tool =)

-Flare</HTML>
<HTML>Hotkey support is something that I have been considering for future versions. No promises :)

System information (CPU Temp/fan speed/etc) could easily be added through a plugin. If you're a developer, grab the SDK and have fun. I'll be happy to host your plugin here for everyone to use.

-- Jeff</HTML>
<HTML>I'd just like to put in my vote for hotkey support.

Its something I'd really like to see (having defined lots of time saving commands it would be great to have the option of invoking them via the keyboard). But I hadn't asked for it because I didn't wan't to seem unappreciative of what is already a very sweet program. Also I thought it might be a whole new exercise listening for and responding to keyboard events as well as mouse events.

So I'm pleased to hear that its something you have been considering.

Cheers,
Mart.</HTML>
Hot key support is exactly what I've been thinking!
It will further enhance usefulness of this already great application. When we want to do something in the middle of typing, it would be nice if we could use keys rather than gesturing. As Flare is saying, it would be neat if we can manage launching functions from single app.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 4?