Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Activate last window

Posted by Anthony R. 
Anthony R.
Activate last window
December 03, 2002 10:33AM
<HTML>It would be awesome if there was a command to activate the last window you were on. I have a window that I need to check every few minutes. I can tell the gesture to activate that window, but I would like to be able to then have it return back to the window I was on after using a delay command. Of course I could use the activate window command again if I was coming from the same window everytime, but I'm not. Every time I perform the gesture I may be in IE or outlook or photoshop. So having the return to last window command would make this simple to do.

Please let me know if my description was unclear.</HTML>
Scott
Re: Activate last window
December 04, 2002 05:56AM
<HTML>Anthony:

I've written a plugin that could be very easily adapted to do this for you. I'll add the feature in the next day or three or so, and post here when it's done. :)

-Scott</HTML>
Anthony R.
December 05, 2002 11:56AM
<HTML>That would be awesome...thanks.</HTML>
Scott
December 16, 2002 05:45PM
<HTML>Anthony:

Sorry this took so long. I had some important family matters to take care of.

You can find the plugin <a href="http://www.redrubberball.net/del/files/StrokeIt_MarkKill_1.0.exe">here</a>. It's pretty self explanitory, but what you're going to want to do, is set up a gesture activate the previous window, and then mark the new one. In effect this creates a gesture for an exclusive two-window alt-tab.

Good luck! :)

-Scott</HTML>
Anthony R.
January 03, 2003 01:06PM
<HTML>This is fantastic...I can't thank you enough. It is exaclty what I needed.</HTML>
Scott
January 03, 2003 05:37PM
<HTML>No problem. We're givers here. We just love to give. :)

-Scott</HTML>
Tye
January 21, 2006 02:11PM
Just found this and wanted to do the same thing, toggle between only two windows. Link is dead. Is there still away to do this? Thanks!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 4?