Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Just a few ideas...

Posted by J.R. 
J.R.
Just a few ideas...
October 02, 2002 04:37PM
<HTML>First, StrokeIt is great - I was hoping that Opera would make something along these lines, but it looks like someone beat them to it. :)

Secondly, I think a few features should be added to make it truly fantastic.

1. Allow the user to pick the key/button that starts a gesture, beyond just the mouse buttons. This would allow people to use f12 or shift or spacebar or something so that they don't have to worry about an accidental gesture.

2. Add mouse gestures for disabling and enabling StrokeIt. Now, a mouse gesture to turn the mouse-gesture-watching program sounds sorta silly, but if you could disable all mouse gestures until you made a spiral or something, that'd be great. Then I could still use my beloved Opera gestures (including the left click one) and not have to worry about StrokeIt getting in the way, and vice-versa.

3. Allow users to erase the entire list of pre-defined gestures and start from scratch. I know that, for the most part, I won't use a mouse gesture until I define it myself. I won't bother going through the entire config and reading/memorizing them. I learned most of the Opera ones by accident. Alternatively, with a completely clean slate of gestures, I could define them as I go - when StrokeIt doesn't recognize a gesture, it would ask for the definition. I realize that it does this now, I would just like to be able to define all of them from scratch.

This is just what I thought of. I hope I didn't post any suggestions of anything that's already integrated (boy would I feel stupid :) ).

Thanks for listening!</HTML>
Jeff
Re: Just a few ideas...
October 02, 2002 10:21PM
<HTML>1) I suppose it's possible...we'll see :)

2) If mouse gestures were off, there's really no way to turn them back on via mouse gestures. There's also the "Ignore the next gesture" command that will disable StrokeIt for the duration of the next mouse "gesture". StrokeIt already ignores gestures in Opera, so you should be able to use Opera's own gestures. Of course, there are "better ways" of handling all of this, and they will be available "eventually" :)

3) You can delete all the config files in you actions directory. I really don't think a "Delete Everything" menu option would really be a good idea.

-- Jeff</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 18?