Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

task switching window

Posted by Allen Short 
Allen Short
task switching window
May 10, 2002 04:11PM
<HTML>Is there any way to build in the task switching window (the one that pops up when you use Alt+Tab to switch apps)? I just downloaded 9b9 - it's fantastic with the mouse wheel support! What I was hoping is that I could right-click to activate StrokeIt, then mouse wheel through the apps. This works currently, but I am flying blind through windows until I find what I want. Can you bring up the task switching window through a plugin?</HTML>
Jeff Doozan
Re: task switching window
May 11, 2002 11:05AM
<HTML>You shouldn't actually be flying blindly through the windows, since the task next/prev commands cycle through the windows as they are ordered on the taskbar. It's somewhat subtle, so I'm guessing you just didn't notice...but let me know if you think you need more visual feedback than that.

-- Jeff</HTML>
Sephiroth
May 23, 2002 02:08PM
<HTML>Hi I'm best friends with sdbarker (I believe his name is Scott, if I've done my research correctly). I was just thinking, a way to pop up the Alt+Tab menu would be an excellent idea. Or at least a new default gesture to bring up taskman.exe =)</HTML>
Allen Short
May 23, 2002 05:09PM
<HTML>The problem is that I don't really use the Taskbar - I have it aligned on the left side of my left monitor, and it is set to AutoHide. So, I don't have a visual feedback.</HTML>
Alex Reyes
July 03, 2002 11:07AM
<HTML>This may be overkill, but try GeoShell

http://www.geoshellx.com/

It has a task list that shows all your open apps, but not just the icon, but the full Title as well. I have this linked to a gesture, and it works great.</HTML>
Dennis
July 03, 2002 05:58PM
<HTML>Nice hint Alex! I'm gonna use this for sure now.

Dennis</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 7?