Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

"Opening up" StrokeIt

Posted by GT-Force 
"Opening up" StrokeIt
September 28, 2007 02:56AM
Since this project is "dead", how about "reviving" it by reverse-engineering it (de-assembly?), and making it open-source? Any gurus here that can do this?

Or would that be too much trouble, and writing it from scratch may be easier? Any coders?

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2007 03:03AM by GT-Force.
Re: "Opening up" StrokeIt
February 24, 2008 03:07PM
YES I agree 'opening-up' stroke it would rock my world, I dont know Programming but I am sure a couple of guys would jump on the project, through my experience I have noticed that when I am searching for good software I usually end up finding out the open source software was the best.

Lets face it StrokeIt has plenty of space to grow, some of the features I would like are...

Combo gestures with CTRL,SHIFT, ALT...
two diffferent set of gestures with the Middle mouse button, and right mouse button
Rocker gestures(yes I know it supports rocker gestures that start with the gesture button but what about rocker gestures that dont start with the Gesture button{Left and Middle button}

Just take a Look at the 'Mouse gestures' add on for firefox and you will see how much StrokeIt can Improve
lallousx86
April 06, 2008 02:12PM
Speaking of reverse engineering StrokeIt, Jeff has thought about it :)

This is an encrypted message found in StrokeIt.exe:

"I know how much fun reverse engineering can be, but please have enough respect to not create or distribute patches or key generators. Thank you. -- Jeff"

//lallousx86
Dylan Vester
July 26, 2008 03:21PM
I'm working on a Vista compatible version. I've finished the core of the gesture recognition. However, I'm still having trouble getting the visual feedback working. Vista does not like being drawn on :). Still hammering at the problem.

Dylan
Henry Padilla
October 24, 2008 09:10AM
I'd be more than willing to help any (ethical) way I can. I have been a programmer for 15 years and am pretty good. I've been looking into using Microsoft Ink for Tablet PC but it's been going slow due to my current time constraints. I hope to make some more progress soon but would be more than happy to help an OpenSource project.

Tom P.
Dylan Vester
January 23, 2009 10:43PM
Henry Padilla Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd be more than willing to help any (ethical) way
> I can. I have been a programmer for 15 years and
> am pretty good. I've been looking into using
> Microsoft Ink for Tablet PC but it's been going
> slow due to my current time constraints. I hope to
> make some more progress soon but would be more
> than happy to help an OpenSource project.
>
> Tom P.

If you're still willing to help, I've set up my project on CodePlex and it's pretty far along. Take a peek and see if you'd be interested.

http://codeplex.com/highsign/
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 22?