Contact Us

StrokeIt

german translation for .9b8

Posted by acidfunk 
acidfunk
german translation for .9b8
February 25, 2002 11:07AM
<HTML>http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~darklord/strokeit_.9b8_german.zip

i had a hard time translating 'match text as pattern'. what does this option? i dont get the meaning of this, thus i cant translate properly.

bugs:
the description for 'windows - previous window' is actually the description for 'windows - next window'

run emailclient still only starts explorer.exe for me and shows me StrokeIt\Actions.</HTML>
acidfunk
Re: german translation for .9b8
February 25, 2002 11:14AM
<HTML>just read in the changelog that the new default gesture for 'run emailclient' was changed to 'M'. it actually wasnt. its still 'E' in .9b8.

although this is unrelated to the other 'run emailclient' bug.</HTML>
Scott
February 25, 2002 03:14PM
<HTML>Translation:

"Match Text as Pattern" means to check the text for a pattern, instead of the exact wording. In this new version of StrokeIt, you can use a pattern to check for the match. For example if you select to match the window title, and enter "* (K-Meleon)" and check "Match Text as Pattern", any windows that end in " (K-Meleon)" will match.

Bugs:
windows: I'll fix this, and then post a link to the updated files later tonight.
email: I'll take a look into this as well, though I'm not sure if a fix will be available tonight or not.

-Scott</HTML>
Scott
February 25, 2002 09:11PM
<HTML>As far as I can tell, the descriptions are correct. In event that they're not, it's simple enough to change.

Concerning the running of the email client, which email client are you using, and, have you tried changing the associated action with the gesture to something else, and then changing it back to Run - Email Client? That might clear up any discrepencies within the configuration file.

-Scott</HTML>
acidfunk
February 26, 2002 07:00AM
<HTML>im using outlook express6 (its ok if you hate me for that =) i also tried all off the stuff you mentioned, scott. it didnt fix it. this bug exited since beta1 for me, i never said anything about it, cuz i assumed its too obvious to miss, but it looks like im the only one having this problem. the 'new email message' works btw.

also see: http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?f=2&i=50&t=50</HTML>
acidfunk
February 26, 2002 08:35AM
<HTML>alright, i translated the 'match text as pattern' bit. heh its unbelieveable how microsoft calls that in german - its 'Platzhalterzeichen'!. to me it always was wildcards, but since that isnt german i translated it microsoft-ish.

here is the new german translation:

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~darklord/strokeit_.9b8_german_2.zip

i also made a screenshot to show the 'next window/previous window' bug:

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~darklord/bug.png</HTML>
Scott
February 26, 2002 12:31PM
<HTML>Platzhalterzeichen is wierd indeed, being a German speaker myself.

I see what you're saying now with the typo in the Windows string file. I'll make sure and change this for the next release.

Thanks!

-Scott</HTML>
Stacato
February 26, 2002 12:44PM
<HTML>Hi acidfunk,
I am a friend of Scott. If you want, I could team up with you on those german translations. Just a thought ... denn geteiltes 'Leid' ist halbes Leid, after all ... :)
You can reach at jaggared@hotmail.com or messgae me on AIM to the nick Stacato Fallen

-Stac-</HTML>
Dennis
February 27, 2002 11:03PM
<HTML>I think that one is enough for translating, well that's MHO.

Of course, give him some suport if he wants to, I didn't till now, cuz as I said, too many cooks oversalt the soup. hehe

Liquidations
Dennis</HTML>
acidfunk
February 28, 2002 05:32PM
<HTML>you can make suggestions what to improve stacato. i will then consider your suggestions.

my email: acidfunk <at> email <dot> com</HTML>
Stacato
March 11, 2002 12:09PM
<HTML>too many cocks salt the soup eh ???
well, i wouldn't know ... i usually don't cook soup with those ingredients ... :)
i was just meaning to be helpfull ... i asked scott, and he said go ahead ...

and yeah ... i'll make a suggestion if one is needed ... :)</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 22?