Contact Us

StrokeIt

Netcaptor and StrokeIt

Posted by mhtawfiq 
mhtawfiq
Netcaptor and StrokeIt
January 08, 2002 04:51AM
<HTML>hello,

first of all thanks for a great piece of software, very nice.

now on to the problem, i use a browser shell called NetCaptor, which is basically a multi-tabbed IE shell with some extra features, http://www.netcaptor.com/

for some reason StrokeIt refuses to work with netcaptor, the window capture tool doesnt get a handle name from NetCaptor window and specifying the exe name doesnt seem to work.

as i use Netcaptor for my regular browsing more often than plain IE, i wish if there was a way to make StrokeIt work with it? or is there is something i am missing?

Thanks....</HTML>
Jeff
Re: Netcaptor and StrokeIt
January 08, 2002 05:37AM
<HTML>The window capture tool will ignore the class name if the program was created with a generic MFC or Delphi wizard (since the class is either randomly generated at runtime, or consistent among all applications created with that software and therefor ambiguous) In this case, the exe name *should* work.

What, exactly, are you trying to do? Have you successfully created or added new actions to existing applications? Does configuring something simple within netcaptor, like "maximize window", work?</HTML>
mhtawfiq
January 08, 2002 07:01AM
<HTML>thanks for the reply,

Yes i gotten StrokeIt to work perfectly with other applications and defined some application specific actions :)

as i messed around more trying to get StrokeIt to work with Netcaptor, here is what i found, if i define a Global Action it will work fine in Netcaptor, But, if i define application specific actions for Netcaptor they wont work, even with the netcaptor exe name given to strokeit.</HTML>
Googer
January 22, 2002 09:47AM
<HTML>I've gotten StrokeIt working fine with Netcaptor. The app info I'm using to send to it is executable 'NetCaptor.exe' and window class 'TfrmMain'.</HTML>
Jess
February 10, 2002 10:48PM
<HTML>Netcaptor is the first program I got StrokeIt to work with...

Not quite sure if I did it "proper" but I clicked on Internet Explorer in the Command Editor and dragged the finder tool to the open Netcaptor window. Now Netcaptor.exe is the executable to Internet Explorer. No window class or whatever...don't know what that is. Works like a charm.

Maybe now I can't use StrokeIt with IE? But who cares? Netcaptor works so much better I can't think of any reason I would ever open IE again anyhows.</HTML>
Scott
February 12, 2002 08:18AM
<HTML>WindowClass is the preferred method of identifying a window. It's the name that the program gives itself. If possible, you should use the windowclass instead of the executable.

And this doesn't mean that you CAN'T use the strokeit with IE, it just means that IE is no longer configured with strokeit. So you'd have to setup another application to get it going again.

-Scott</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 23?