Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Congratulations

Posted by MFN 
MFN
Congratulations
December 06, 2001 03:29AM
Jeff, I just wanted to say how impressed I am with this program. I've put it to use immediately and I've got to say it's the best new beta I've seen.
Congratulations.
andy
Re: Congratulations
December 13, 2001 10:04PM
<HTML>Yeah. Huge congratulations.

This is, without a doubt, the coolest thing I've had for my machine in I don't know how long.

I had no idea how useful gestures could actually be.

Truly brilliant.</HTML>
anonymous
December 16, 2001 07:39AM
<HTML>Yes
It is very well done. Nice and small too.</HTML>
Allen Short
December 18, 2001 12:46PM
<HTML>Jeff,
I am truly amazed at this program! I found it through ZZZ Online, and I plan to send a link to all my friends.

Thank you so much,
Allen Short</HTML>
kohoutec
January 19, 2002 08:41AM
<HTML>i would also like to add my thanks, iv been looking for something like this for ages after using Operas mouse gestures

great work!</HTML>
Huey
January 27, 2002 04:39PM
<HTML>After using mouse gestures in Opera and wishing this feature was available in other software my wish has come true.

Thank you,
Keep on Strokin'

Huey</HTML>
Ian
EGO-licious
January 28, 2002 08:41AM
<HTML>
well, i will add my voice to the massed ranks, to say - WELL DONE! This program is one of the clearest examples of tight coding, clear design, good planning and awesome execution i have seen in a long time. If anyone here has tried any of the other gesture system, with clunky interfaces and dubious gesture recognition, huge memory and download footprints - one realises what an elegant solution has been created by Jeff here. I just can't believe for something that is .9 beta that it is SO polished. Someone give Jeff a well-paid coding job in Hawaii NOW!!!!!!! take care, ian</HTML>
Sander Pilon
Re: EGO-licious
February 05, 2002 06:35AM
<HTML>Thanks! This program is awesome.</HTML>
Jess
re: wow
February 10, 2002 10:52PM
<HTML>I would like to add my voice to the opera crowd who wanted mouse gestures for everything.

I found this program through a google search.. found some other application that costed money. Probably was much worse, too. Don't know, didn't try and won't because StrokeIt works so well. I think it works better/faster than the mouse gestures in Opera esp. since it draws the cool line so you know that you actually did something and something is going to happen.</HTML>
Otto
February 22, 2002 05:15PM
<HTML>I'm completely awed as well. Truly a work of art.

cheers,
Otto</HTML>
Jubal
February 22, 2002 07:12PM
<HTML>First post for me around here, and it's only right that it's a praise. Kudos, Jeff. To me this is among the three greatest things on my drive, one of them being a picture of the love of my life ;-) It's truly a priceless program, but as soon as I get my debit card, I'll throw you what little I can spare your way.

--Jubal</HTML>
Lectric
April 02, 2002 12:11AM
<HTML>Dude. No kidding... This is cool. Another opera fan here who kept trying to go back in explorer with a gesture. DOH! But now I can THANKS!!!</HTML>
Hightree
April 04, 2002 05:29AM
<HTML>Me too, WOW :)
Also a heavy Opera user that was gestureing all over the place....

Thanks a bunch mate !

Hightree</HTML>
Matthew E. Kieren
Wonderful idea!
April 08, 2002 06:05AM
<HTML>

AMAZING!! MAGNIFICENT!! Congratulations on accomplishing such useful and original software!!

I'm a little different from everyone else, as I wasn't even aware Opera had gesture recognition. I was playing around in the Black & White game and then it hit me, wouldn't it be nice to have gesture recognition for running programs and performing simple tasks in Windows? I searched around the 'net with Google and came upon this site. I haven't used the program for very long, but what I've seen thus far is truly amazing!

Thank you for such a wonderful program, and thank you for making it freeware for personal use! :)</HTML>
Alex Reyes
Re: Wonderful idea!
July 03, 2002 11:36AM
<HTML>What can I say, but this is easily one of the top five computer apps I've ever used, period. I knew about gestures from studies in HCI, and was glad to see them at work in Opera. I was actually thinking of coding my own Windows-wide gesture recognizing program, but it looks like it's already been done--and well done, at that! Congratulations, and much thanks.</HTML>
Alex
July 11, 2002 01:46AM
<HTML>Me too come from Opera. Yes, really annoying when trying to go back and nothing happens... XD

And it's great when friends can't see "how I've done that!" jeje... XD XD

Great work, Jeff.</HTML>
Kris
August 02, 2002 10:29AM
<HTML>I'll throw in my word here, just got the program. Been online for 8 years, never seen anything so streamlined and fun! Plus I use IE, so this concept is brand new! I thought I pretty much had my system/daily tasks streamlined. Not without this! Definitely one of my top 5 programs like someone else said.

THANKS!!!!!!</HTML>
Matteo
August 10, 2002 04:28PM
<HTML>Best proggie ever on its kind.
'nuff said.
Thank you for this unvaluable freeware!

Matteo from Italy</HTML>
Manas Tungare
August 24, 2002 07:59AM
<HTML>"Me too" from the same gang of Opera users who's been gesturing all over the place, only to see a dismal popup menu appear at the end of it. StrokeIt solves my problem - and lets me define gestures anywhere and everywhere I want! :)

Thanks, Jeff!</HTML>
Toby
December 07, 2002 12:38PM
<HTML>This mssg probably gets in the box "another 'well done' box", but hey, what has to be said has to be said!!! : WELL DONE
I've just bought a taibloid and pen, with this program you float over your computer almost as in minority report :) really cool

keep up the good work

Toby</HTML>
dapobe
One of the bests programs.
January 28, 2003 05:54PM
<HTML>

Thanks for this GREAT software!!!

Is one of the best programs I've ever seen.

I'm using it with a digital tablet and is great. You can control all!!!

Is the perfect tool for digital tablet.

I will try to make a (elementary) handwritting recognition script using your software. Will send it to you.

By the way, think on the way to 'reenable' gestures via external program (for example, calling strokeit with a parameter).</HTML>
Gerard
Re: One of the bests programs.
February 12, 2003 02:43AM
<HTML>Je suis moi aussi un utilisateur d'Opera qui attendait avec impatience de pouvoir utiliser les mouse gestures dans windows et d'autres applications...

StrokeIt est tout simplement excellent.
Un grand bravo, et merci de le laisser en freeware !

Amitiés de France.</HTML>
majik_dragon
Re: One of the bests programs.
February 12, 2003 03:31AM
<HTML>I've just become an Opera mouse-gesturer myself and looked for something similar for the whole of windows - thanks a lot! Its so small I don't even notice it's there and it doesn't interfere with any of the games I've run!! Fantastic job, with a fantastic interface and fantastic memory usage! :D
Well done dude!
(Just hope it remains freeware for home users!!)</HTML>
Eike Petersen
February 15, 2003 08:48AM
Hi,

I don't want to waste your time so I will keep it short. I'm very picky when it comes to chosing the tools I want to have in my system because I want to keep it lean and fast. "StrokeIt" meets all the requirements.

It's small.
It's fast.
It's highly configurable.
It's useful. Very.

An essential!

Regards from Germany

Eike
alionraa
February 17, 2003 10:12AM
see above
Dennis
February 17, 2003 12:36PM
lol, don't I love this thread? I guess this is a neverending story and will sometime kill the server where the forum is hosted on, cuz of a too big size :-D
Briana
February 19, 2003 07:26AM
WOW! Free!?! This is the by far the smartest thing for wrists since the pen/tablet. Excellent design, too. I am your newest promo agent!

(Good taste in books- but I'm sending one that's not on the list, hope you like it as much as I do!)

Dönerman
February 19, 2003 07:45PM
...i saw an article about GestureApps in the C´t (a German Comp.Magazine)
...i download and play with it
...and after 5 Minutes i must say:

"i will never deinstall this GREAT piece of software!"

Thank you very much. This is great work, really.

Bob
February 19, 2003 09:04PM
just excellent. enough said.
maZe (http://www.ws-2.com)
Re: Congratulations from Austria
February 22, 2003 09:13AM
Wow... One year before, i heard from Opera... MOUSEGESTURES woohoo
Since then, Opera is my favourit Browser.

This Year in the PC Magazine CHIP ([url=http://www.chip.de)]http://www.chip.de)[/url] Stroke It appears.

Since then all people of my Class are using this tool....

THX for your work. It helps us.

mfg maZe
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 5?