Contact Us

StrokeIt

Issuing Commands while In Mozilla FF

Posted by sio 
sio
Issuing Commands while In Mozilla FF
March 18, 2013 12:48PM
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone is have issues getting stroke gestures registered when browsing Youtube in Mozilla? All commands are recognized when browsing any other site, yet it rarely works when browsing YT? I have to continually go through the gestures until it finally gets recognized, any advice? I have no other addons that would be conflicting, so I’m not sure what it is..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2013 12:49PM by sio.
Re: Issuing Commands while In Mozilla FF
March 18, 2013 04:28PM
When Flash is interacted with (like you clicked the play button), it becomes the target for all keyboard input until it loses focus. So if you watch a video and draw a gesture which sends keys like CTRL+W (to close the window), it won't be acknowledged by Firefox because the video player is receiving the keyboard input. You have to click somewhere outside of the video player first, then keystroke based gestures should work fine.

This isn't a bug with any gesture app, nor Flash, nor Firefox; it's functioning as intended. Remember that a Flash game (for example) may very well have hotkeys like CTRL+W which is supposed to do something, so when you interact with Flash, it gets all input until it loses focus.
Re: Issuing Commands while In Mozilla FF
June 02, 2013 10:29AM
Hi! I'm not sure I wouldn't call it a bug: Flash games still work in Chrome, and yet it doesn't eat all your keys. I think Chrome lets Flash eat all normal keys, but not certain important hotkeys, like control-w. Try it. This makes a lot nore sense to me than the annoying Firefox approach.

In Firefox, I have to use an Autohotkey script to get around it: it clicks on the address bar first when I am in Flash, then carries out the hotkey.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 12?