Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Stroke It with Photoshop

Posted by spencer 
Stroke It with Photoshop
February 16, 2013 01:06AM
just thought i'd drop in and let everyone know that stroke it is a really neat little peice of software. It's a small, unintrusive little program that really packs a punch.

I've been searching for new ways to control Photoshop, and within the past few months i've come across some new and incredible ways of re-interacting with software applications (such as Photoshop)

I've tried all the other mouse gesture programs - and I mean "all" - I've downloaded just about everything out there and none of them seem to work properly all of the time. Stroke It *does* work all of the time and is reliable.

It's useful, because in Photoshop you're constantly switching tools - which is very tedious, because their default toolbars are inadequate and hard to locate - which interrupts workflow. All I do now is assign Photoshop keyboard shortcuts (tools, commands, etc) to stroke it gestures, and my tools switch insantly in Photoshop. Fantastic. Took me a while to figure it out, though, which leads me to my next point:

I found the Stroke It interface to be a little sub-standard, meaning that it's somewhat difficult to learn. Instead of the familiar Windows Xp/7 interface, it's kind of 'wonky', meaning that you have to really tinker with it to get it to do what you want it to do. For example, adding a new gesture is complicated.. you need to click needlessly in several areas and 'hope' that it works. When it doesn't work, you might just close it and uninstall the software, thinking it's not worth the time (which I did the first time).

It's such a powerful little program with huge capability, I think that the user interface needs to be simplified and more user-friendly. If they could upgrade the overall presentation and interaction to an XP/7 standard, then this could really take off.

I know that the Photoshop community would love to get their hands on this. I'll spread the word.

One other problem - I find that creating custom gestures is a little difficult as well - it seems that if I draw a shape or special design, that Stroke It cannot recognize it. For example, if I draw a checkmark (a pretty common gesture), Stroke It will not understand it, and confuse it with a "V" gesture. Even if I configure a new checkmark gesture and draw it myself, it still doesn't seem to understand it. Maybe a more precise custom gesture engine would help here.

Suggestions -
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 9?