Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Newbie's Q:assign all predefined gestures as global actions

Posted by Gerry 
Hi all,
I'm new to StrokeIt and find it pretty useful.

When I installed it freshly, some global actions are predefined. Now I want all predefined gestures (e.g. A-Z and 0--9 ) to be globally assigned i.e. should be valid in all applications.

For now I only see a manual assignment of all keys one by one, which is rather inconvenient. Is there a smart way to achieve this ?

Regards
Gerry
Re: Newbie's Q:assign all predefined gestures as global actions
August 05, 2011 10:36AM
I'm not sure why you would want this: it wouldn't seem useful, since those application-specific commands will probably only work as intended within their own applications. And you will mess up your global actions too: you will have several actions that are triggered by the same gesture, which will have unpredictable results; I believe only the second one from the top will then be executed, or something like that.

But, if you need it for whatever reason, here's how I would do it.
1. Export all actions (not gestures).
2. Open the exported file in a text editor.
3. Remove all the lines that describe the applications (except the "Global" ones). They look like this:
<APP name="Mozilla">
class=MozillaUIWindowClass
class=MozillaWindowClass
exec=firefox.exe
4. Also delete all
</APP>
, except a single one at the end of all the actions.
5. Save and import your new file.
Thanks Cerberus for the answer,
the PC is a dedicated HTPC which has only one full screen application (MediaPortal).

But with your thoughts above in mind, perhaps its really best to assign all actions to the application, although in this case its only one.

Thanks for the hint with editing the XML.

Regards
Gerry
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 21?