Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

More than one instance

Posted by Oscar 
Oscar
More than one instance
July 25, 2011 09:40AM
Is it possible to run more than one instance of StrokeIt? Thanks in advance.
Re: More than one instance
July 25, 2011 01:21PM
What sense would that make?
Oscar
July 25, 2011 01:48PM
The possibility of perform gestures with middle and right buttons at same time. Same gesture, with different results.
July 25, 2011 01:59PM
I doubt. It would install two instances of the same mousehook that would collide with each other. I guess.
Osar
July 25, 2011 02:51PM
Well, the best way is to check it out. Is there any way to acomplish the two instances thing?
July 25, 2011 03:15PM
None I know of. You could try by starting one and then trying to change its window class/title to be able to start another one. Not sure if that works.
Oscar
July 25, 2011 03:54PM
Change window class/tittle? Where? Can you explain me how?
July 25, 2011 04:17PM
Well, if you have to ask you probably should not do it anyway. It involves hacking using windows api functions (or AHK). I'm not sure the class can be changed (except using the source that we do not have) but changing the title does not help. It might not use window class/title for identifying a running instance. Renaming the exe is also futile. I really don't know how to do it, sorry.
July 25, 2011 05:00PM
As a work-around, you could install Just Gestures and use that with the middle button. Works perfectly for me (though I mainly use StrokeIt).
Oscar
July 26, 2011 01:18AM
Cerberus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As a work-around, you could install Just Gestures
> and use that with the middle button. Works
> perfectly for me (though I mainly use StrokeIt).
Well, I don't like Just Gestures too much, because, in my opinion, it has a very imprecise gesture recognition, ugly interface and high memory ussage.
Anyway, and as a workaround, I'm using now a soft called Mazzik for that task (well it's not being developed now, because last update was in 2008), but I think that the implementation for the use more than one button for the gestures at a time could be very useful for StrokeIt.
July 26, 2011 01:41AM
Yes, that has been discussed several times in the past. But Jeff tends to disappear for months and everyone is eagerly awaiting his return.
+1 with Oscar
January 18, 2012 12:53AM
I want more botton gesture too (both RButton & MButton 2 Setting in same time)
dek
January 24, 2012 05:13PM
yea, i just bought pro version since i thought it could use more than 1 mouse button at a time... i think he has to rewrite the interface a little, have the commands table be assigned to specific buttons instead of just keystrokes. im positive it could be done in a week :)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 1?