Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

keystroke speed

Posted by scirocco 
scirocco
keystroke speed
April 06, 2011 11:18AM
I am just starting to use strokeit and was thinking about using it to insert snippets of frequently used code into SQL Server Management Studio. I have created a handful of commands that send keystrokes and they work but the speed is very slow. A speedy typist could probably beat the send keystroke speed. I was hoping more for a near instantaneous paste action. Is there a way to speed up the keystrokes?
Re: keystroke speed
April 06, 2011 11:28AM
You have several options.
You can us Lua scripts (available in StrokeIt Pro) to store and insert your snippets through the clipboard. Or, if you are into SQL you can use Auto Hotkey to store and insert your snippets directly and invoke its scripts from StrokeIt or (which is better) with a user defined hotkey. IMHO it's faster than switching back and forth between mouse and keyboard. But if you are really, really into SQL I'd suggest you to try SQL Assistant which is quite powerful (though not at all a cheap) state-of-the-art tool for SQL.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 5?