Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Help: StrokeIT not sending keystrokes to application!!!

Posted by trance4ever 
Help: StrokeIT not sending keystrokes to application!!!
October 11, 2010 07:40PM
Hi,
I'm attempting to send StrokeIT 9.7 keystrokes to a DTMF tone generator application called "Dial v1.0.0.14" (http://www.dtmfdial.com/).

No matter what I do, the application doesn't seem to receive keystrokes.

I've tried using Window Class, Window Title and file name identifiers for the app, to no avail.

When I change the targeted application from "dial" to "notepad" the keystrokes are sent.

When I send keystrokes to the "Dial" application w/ configured Logitech mouse buttons, this works.

StrokeIT is a fantastic application but this has really stumped me.

Any suggestions?? Many thanks in advance.
Leo
Re: Help: StrokeIT not sending keystrokes to application!!!
October 14, 2010 10:49AM
Hello trance4ever,

I tried it with Window Title with no problems.

WinXP sp2 SI 0.97

Thanks Leo
October 14, 2010 12:40PM
Have you tried adding an On Screen Display command to an action? That way, you will be able to tell whether the fault lies in recognizing the application or in the application's handing the keystrokes.
October 14, 2010 01:18PM
Sucessfully used it with "window class" under Vista home edition. Are you running the app in administrator mode (and Strokeit in normal mode)?

In Vista, after fresh install, you have to shutdown the app and run again in "normal mode".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2010 01:23PM by amit.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 8?