Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

How does support for 4/5 button mice work?

Posted by Allen 
Allen
How does support for 4/5 button mice work?
March 19, 2010 09:10AM
How does support for 4/5 button mice work? Any examples?
Re: How does support for 4/5 button mice work?
March 19, 2010 10:49AM
What kind of examples do you mean? You simply assigns (4/5)BUTTON_(UP/DOWN) to actions.

Run NotePad++ [MBUTTON] {
   gesture = MBUTTON_DOWN
   gesture = 4BUTTON_DOWN
   NotePad++ = exec, run "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Notepad++\\notepad++.exe" "" "" ""
   NotePad++ = win, activate "NotePad++" "" "" "2000"
}

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 10:49AM by gemisigo.
unfortunately, the 4/5 button gestures don't work when performed over programs that use the 4/5 buttons for back/foward. can this be fixed?

btw: shouldn't 4/5 button gestures be listed in the drop down interface? so that we don't have to manually edit the .cfg files to add them?
another bug: sometimes after performing the 4/5 button gestures, the right mouse button gets stuck. this prevents other mouse clicks from working. we have to press the right mouse button again to fix it when this occurs. can this be fixed?

btw: the right mouse button is my gesture drawing button.
July 05, 2010 03:39PM
Allen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> unfortunately, the 4/5 button gestures don't work
> when performed over programs that use the 4/5
> buttons for back/foward. can this be fixed?

Setpoint (Logitech) is known to cause some issues. Perhaps this is one of them. Are you using it?

> btw: shouldn't 4/5 button gestures be listed in
> the drop down interface? so that we don't have to
> manually edit the .cfg files to add them?

They are. You don't have to edit the .cfg files. They are at the bottom of the list, called 4BUTTON_UP/DOWN and 5BUTTON_UP/DOWN. If you cannot see them then your STROKES.BIN in Gestures folder might be outdated (it could happen when you install over a running instance).

> another bug: sometimes after performing the 4/5
> button gestures, the right mouse button gets
> stuck. this prevents other mouse clicks from
> working. we have to press the right mouse button
> again to fix it when this occurs.

I've seen this happen with other gestures too, it's not connected to 4/5 button gestures. Still I don't know the cause of it.
im using a logitech mouse but without drivers. but still have that problem.

i shutdown strokeit before installing the pro version over home version. but still have that problem.
July 06, 2010 01:01PM
Try replacing STROKES.BIN in your Gestures folder with the one in Defaults/Gestures. Shutdown StrokeIt and backup that file first, of course.
If that does not help, I'd totally uninstall (with some pro uninstaller and regcleaner) StrokeIt and reinstall afterwards. I even that does not help... Well, I've no other idea, sorry.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 23?