Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Can anyone help create a gesture to change case?

Posted by Anthony R. 
Anthony R.
Can anyone help create a gesture to change case?
September 03, 2003 03:23PM
I'm constantly copying names and pasting them into a form. Can anyone think of a way that I could take the copied text and paste it w/ the in proper case.

Sometimes the selected text may be ANTHONY or anthony I want to be able to paste it as Anthony. Does anyone have any clever ideas on how to do this?
Ross Presser
Re: Can anyone help create a gesture to change case?
October 03, 2003 11:38AM
The most straightforward way to do it is:

have strokeit post a message to an external program which is already running in the background
have the external program read the clipboard, change case, and put the result back in the clipboard
strokeit meanwhile waits 1/4 sec or so for the external program to do its stuff
strokeit then sends the ctrl-V keystroke

This requires writing the external program, which isn't really hard but isn't really easy either.

A kludgier way that would work if you have MS Word would be:

strokeit switches to Word (already running)
strokeit pastes the clipboard
strokeit sends keystrokes to word that change case and copy back to clipboard
strokeit switches back to original program
strokeit pastes clipboard
Andreas
Re: Can anyone help create a gesture to change case?
October 08, 2003 05:01AM
I haven't tried it in the combination you need, but for the external program you might use CLCL, a clipboard caching utility, together with its text tools plugin - see [url=http://www.nakka.com/soft/clcl/index_eng.html]http://www.nakka.com/soft/clcl/index_eng.html[/url]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 20?