Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

multimon - next monitor not working after monitor change

Posted by Graham 
Hi

I recently got a second monitor that is now the same as my primary. I used to have a smaller secondary monitor and I could use the multimon next monitor command to move windows between my primary ad secondary monitor. now it doesnt work. it tries to make the window floating/windowed but then it seems like its just placing it on my primary window instead of my secondary.

Does the multmon commands use a description to determin secondary monitors? i would have thought it would use the windows numbered identity that you can use when setting up the monitors in the desktop properties dialog. Is there a way i can check which monitor strokeit believes is the secondary, because windows shows my secondary as having an identity of 2

anyone else had this issue?

graham
Ugh. I just switched monitors and seem to have this problem as well. If a window is on my secondary monitor, it will switch to the primary just fine. But if it's on the primary, I can't get it off.

Any ideas?
Try to set up the display again, in display settings change from extend these displays to show only in one and then go back to extend these displays, I tried that workaround and now it's working fine.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 17?