Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Windows no longer closes.

Posted by QM 
QM
Windows no longer closes.
March 02, 2003 12:19AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a result of playing with the registry in order to get .92 beta to install properly. I used to be able to exit or restart Windows by using the 'C' gesture to bring up the shutdown menu. While 'C' still works fine for closing open windows (notice the lowercase w), It no longer brings up the shutdown dialog when I do it over the desktop. Looking at the assigned actions, I see no reason why it shouldn't as the assigned global action does an ALT-F4, and doing ALT-F4 manually brings up the dialog as it should. So... any ideas as to what is happening? Thanks.
Jeff
Re: Windows no longer closes.
March 02, 2003 09:47AM
The actions specified in the "Windows Desktop" application override the global actions. By default, the "C" and "Q" gestures are ignored so that you don't accidentally bring up the shutdown screen. If you remove them from "Windows Desktop", you should be all set.

-- Jeff
QM
Re: Windows no longer closes.
March 02, 2003 10:45AM
Ah. I hadn't noticed that change. Change made, and working great. Thanks for the quick reply, Jeff.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 5?