Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

WindowsMessage LeftClick

Posted by Pearl 
Pearl
WindowsMessage LeftClick
February 04, 2003 09:04AM
<HTML>At first thanx for this really cool stuff ;-)

Using "Girder" I found that all 'Clicks' on toolbars or menus are generating WindowsMessages like these :
Type - LEFT CLICK
Wparam - 1
Lparam - a large Number

I can test the parameters in "Girder" and it works, but how can I use these messages in StrokeIt, because there is no "WM_LeftClick" or something like this avaiable in the WinMsg-Dialog?</HTML>
Jeff
Re: WindowsMessage LeftClick
February 04, 2003 10:17AM
<HTML>Menus, toolbar buttons, etc generate events using SendMessage. If you want to simulate these events, just use the sendmessage plugin with the command WM_COMMAND, and the wParam and lParams you got from Girder.

-- Jeff</HTML>
Pearl
February 05, 2003 04:18AM
<HTML>Thanx, but it's not the solution...

the WM_COMMAND in "StrokeIt"-command(WinMsg-SendMessage) only goes if the message in "Girder" is as COMMAND+Wparam+Lparam (e.c. MenuClick in some little programs like "Notepad").
A lot of programs like "AcrobatReader","Paint" or "Explorer" send events as LEFT CLICK+Wparam+Lparam. I can test these events in "Girder" and they work, but I can't use them in "StrokeIt" together with the WM_COMMAND.
I also tried to test the LEFT CLICK - events in "Girder" as COMMAND and it doesn't work too.

Do we need a new MessageEvent in "StrokeIt" like WM_LEFTCLICK ?</HTML>
Pearl
February 05, 2003 07:29AM
<HTML>I found in the web that the name of the event could be WM_LBUTTONDOWN (in Windows-API) with a decimal value of 513.
I tried out both (string or value) written in the Combobox of the SendMessage-Dialog in "StrokeIt" but this doesn't work too.</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 16?