Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Open link from Outlook message

Posted by Howard Brazee 
Howard Brazee
Open link from Outlook message
December 27, 2002 01:02PM
<HTML>I would like to use Stroke-It to open a link in Outlook using Opera. Any suggestions how to get started in this?

(Outlook doesn't look for the default browser, but always assumes Outlook Express).</HTML>
Jeff
Re: Open link from Outlook message
December 28, 2002 10:38AM
<HTML>I don't use outlook, so I can't say this for sure, but unless Outlook gives you a way of obtaining the url of the link, there's probably no way to do this. However, if the link itself looks like a URL (ie www.blah.com instead of click <a href=".">here</> to visit blah.com), then you can probably set up something to open the link after you hightlight it. Check the forum for examples of doing this with other programs.

-- Jeff</HTML>
Anthony R.
January 03, 2003 01:16PM
<HTML>Yeah, you can set it up if you highlight it and then copy it, next activate the opera window and paste it into the address. I've created something like this for links that aren't clickable...that drives me nuts.</HTML>
Howard Brazee
January 06, 2003 02:52PM
<HTML>If I highlight and copy it twice, Optool 1.1 opens up giving me a choice of browsers. Trouble is, the current version of Optool is 1.02 (support for Opera 7, but not for Mozilla).</HTML>
Anthony R.
January 06, 2003 05:23PM
<HTML>I don't understand which part didn't work.

You copy it once...then activate opera, then focus on address bar, paste and finally hit enter.</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 1?