Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

.9 Preview Release

Posted by Jeff 
Jeff
.9 Preview Release
November 30, 2002 02:57PM
<HTML>Here's a preview release for forum members only. This is just for you guys to test over the weekend. If it looks good, I'll probably post an official release early next week.

<a href="http://www.tcbmi.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?file=StrokeIt9pre.exe">http://www.tcbmi.com/cgi-bin/download.pl?file=StrokeIt9pre.exe</a>

Interesting features to test:

- added: You can now select which key will disables (previously holding Control would disable gestures)
- added: Gesture aliases (ie, "Down-Right" is now an alias of "L")
- added: Enable/Disable commands
- fixed: Fixed problem with new gestures not being saved
- fixed: Fixed keystroke plugin problems (sending keystrokes too fast)

Please post your feedback here. Even if it's just a simple "it works fine for me, I've been using it all day", I'd like to know that it's working on your system.

-- Jeff</HTML>
tawfiq
Re: .9 Preview Release
December 02, 2002 01:27PM
<HTML>hiya Jeff,

first of all the new installed looks wonderful, is that NSIS 2.0 ?

one problem with the installer though, when i tried installing over my existing older StrokeIt folder it gave me an error that the folder is invalid beacuse if an older strokeit was installed there i should reboot first. however, it never did ask me to uninstall the older StrokeIt.

after getting it installed it however, major problems... whenever i would try to perform a gesture a small window would popup with the strokeit icon and the title "Cached" and in it the full path to the exe of the program i was performing the gesture in. sometimes this keeps happening until the screen is filled with those little windows. also the mouse buttons didnt seem to respond right after this would happen, the left button would act as right buttons, etc..
i had to force close strokeit using taskmanager.

i am running WindowsXP Pro SP1, i and i had absolutely no problems with StrokeIt .9b9 before.

another thing, i was really excited to see "K-meleon plugin" since i love that browser, unfortunatly i wasnt able to try it beacuse of the problems i mentioned earlier, i was wondering what does it do? or if there is a brief documentation for it?

thanks...</HTML>
Jeff
December 02, 2002 04:27PM
<HTML>> is that NSIS 2.0 ?

Yup, NSIS 2.0 with the Modern theme

> one problem with the installer though

This should be fixed now...

> after getting it installed it however, major problems...

That's my fault, leftover debug messages.

> another thing, i was really excited to see "K-meleon plugin"

The kmeleon plugin allows you to send the browser any command that could otherwise be used in the menus or accelerators...eg "ID_NAV_HOME", "ID_OPEN_LINK_BACKGROUND", or "Bookmarks(Add)". You'll like it :)

I'm hoping to roll a final release tonight and with any luck .9 final will be available tomorrow.

-- Jeff</HTML>
tawfiq
December 03, 2002 01:32AM
<HTML>just installed the final .9 running without any problems whatsoever. really wonderful job.

and the k-meleon plugin, what can i say, absolutely beautiful :) for those instrested, to make it work with layers add this line to your prefs.js:

user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.layers.catch", true);

then u can use ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_NEW_WINDOW to open links in a new layer with a mouse gesture, works like a charm. couldnt get it to open links in a background layer though.

one minor issue, its now impossible to do a Hotkey command that is "Ctrl+N" or any of the other menu shortcuts in StrokeIt, since pressing one of these will perfom the strokeit command instead of inserting that hotkey. no biggie though, it can be easily done with a text editor.

well, i am just happy i can finally open links in a new layer in k-meleon with a gesture, thanks!</HTML>
JD
December 03, 2002 05:05PM
<HTML>Just installed .9 final, so far so good. =)

Thx for the great work Jeff!</HTML>
Ben
December 03, 2002 06:10PM
<HTML>I had to completely uninstall .9b and then install the final because I was still losing gestures when I logged out. But now it works great! Awesome program, Jeff!</HTML>
Leo
December 04, 2002 03:19AM
<HTML>Hi Jeff,

Ok here my report :) It works fine for me, I've been using it all day.
No problems anymore but I don't find the String

"Disable gestures by holding"

It should be in \Extra\English.lng

# General

line 130-141

where is that string perhaps hardcoded.
I don't find it in any string file
That is the only line I cannot translate.

Please tell me where I can find.

Thanks again for your great program.
special thanks for building in my
suggestion with not only one button to
disable StrokeIt :)

with best regards
Leo</HTML>
Jeff
December 04, 2002 10:04AM
<HTML>Leo,

That was my fault, I didn't make that string translateable. I'll fix that tonight, thanks for finding that.

-- Jeff</HTML>
Jeff
December 04, 2002 10:52PM
<HTML>Leo,

Grab <a href="http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/files/9a_Update.zip">www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/files/9a_Update.zip</a>, it's an updated config.dll, and a corresponding string file. The only change in this is the update to make that string translateable.

-- Jeff</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 16?