Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Proposal to developer and linux users wanting strokeit

Posted by Kubi 
Proposal to developer and linux users wanting strokeit
July 23, 2007 06:12PM
Hi,

I know there are desperate people who would like to use strokeit under linux. I know the developer has no plans to port it or to make it open source.

But he says he does want to make money.

So here is the plan. Linux users who want to see use strokeit in linux shall donate money for the developer to port it.

The developer just has to estimate the cost he sees fit for the conversion to linux (basically how much he wants to earn), and then name the price he desires here on the forums. Then set up a new paypal account or something where we can donate and also track the amount donated and how much is still required.

If the developer does as mentioned above, it will make us want to donate instantly. However, if he does not let us see how much each person donated and how much is still required, he should not be disappointed to see no donations.

If the developer starts this process, desperate linux users like myself are willing to spread the word across the linux fori where there are always several threads in search for a strokeit alternative.

I hope this idea sounds cool to all of us...

K

ps. we hope that strokeit for personal use under linux will remain free!
Re: Proposal to developer and linux users wanting strokeit
July 28, 2007 04:54PM
That's great idea Kubi!

I would like to donate for linux version and also for a new windows version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2007 05:01PM by spacebug.
I don't know if anyone still reads these forums, but I would DEFINITELY be down for this proposition.
Are there any hackers out there who could tweak linux/wine to get strokeit work with Ubuntu ? :-P
Try this application: www.inf.ufsc.br/~deters/xgestures

It is an improvement in the implementation of the software xgestures (mouse gestures for x environments), in order to bring it closer to the strokeit ... I am forwarding the changes in the software to the original author, so that the changes can be incorporated in the original software.

The software is still in testing ... I need the feedback from users to fix the problems.

Sincerely,

Lucas
May 15, 2008 05:17PM
I'll post this in the Ubuntu forums
oh no!!!! I just took up a new job and they only allow linux on office computers..
If I cannot find how to tweak the OS to run strokeit or if there exists no suitable replacement for it (wayv and xgestures leave a lot to be desired)... I'm considering quitting my job and look for a job that lets me use XP as the OS.. (no Vista please!)

Help me Jeff.. please do something to save my job.
I am ready for paying the developer to make a Linux version. Any developments in this regard?
lucaugusto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try this application:
> www.inf.ufsc.br/~deters/xgestures
>
> It is an improvement in the implementation of the
> software xgestures (mouse gestures for x
> environments), in order to bring it closer to the
> strokeit ... I am forwarding the changes in the
> software to the original author, so that the
> changes can be incorporated in the original
> software.
>
> The software is still in testing ... I need the
> feedback from users to fix the problems.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Lucas

Hi Lucas,

It seems to be a neat replacement for xgestures and wayv.. and seems quite close to strokeit..

I had a bit of trouble in make install because I don't have root access. However, manually setting up the paths did the trick..

I'll play around a bit more and post my experiences.
From a quick review, it seems to be a promising app.
I found this one.
It's deffinetely worth a try.
Like StrokeIt! without GUI.
I love it!

You can download from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mygestures/

Here you can see how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qkHmzjqy_E
julio_from_spain(cadiz)
November 22, 2008 09:39AM
this is de best aplication for my ubuntu intrepid, this run perfectly.... I like this, very thanks for think in we LUCAS. I way that you continue so.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 19?