Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

a question, maybe simple.

Posted by Miguel 
Miguel
a question, maybe simple.
September 06, 2002 07:09PM
<HTML>I would like to be able to open the My Documents window by drawing a symbol...how would I program StrokeIt to do that? I did look around here on the website a little, and in the program, but it does not seem easy to figure out how to do this particular thing. I am guessing I need to do the new Command "Windows-Activate Window" but I have no idea what "Class" or "Caption" or "Match text as pattern" means. Any help is greatly appreciated.</HTML>
Scott
Re: a question, maybe simple.
September 06, 2002 07:17PM
<HTML>Just create a new action to run a program, and use the path to your My Documents folder.

-Scott</HTML>
Miguel
September 09, 2002 01:51AM
<HTML>Thanks!</HTML>
Miguel
September 12, 2002 12:31AM
<HTML>Hi Scott and all, it's me again. I tried what you said ("Just create a new action to run a program, and use the path to your My Documents folder.") and realized that I've tried it before. That doesn't work because the path needs to end with a file (for example, C:\windows\win.exe). But I don't want the gesture to run a program or open a file, I want it to open a *folder* (for example, C:\windows\desktop\my documents\). I cannot figure out how to do that. Is it possible?</HTML>
pi
September 12, 2002 07:44AM
<HTML>there is a very simple wya to open files:
use the 'internet - open website' command and type in the path you need.

cheers
pi</HTML>
Anthony
September 12, 2002 11:14AM
<HTML>Or instead of browsing, just paste in the path to my documents when you choose the action to run program. That's how I did it and it worked fine.</HTML>
Miguel
September 14, 2002 11:12PM
<HTML>It worked! I was thrown off because there was no feedback after I entered the pathname, no "Ok" button to hit. Thanks.</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 11?