Contact Us

StrokeIt

Help with Opera configuration

Posted by Dennis 
Dennis
Help with Opera configuration
June 26, 2002 02:13PM
<HTML>Hi everybody,

I am using Opera 6.02 and StrokeIT the newest version. Since the first version of strokeIT I can't get any mouse gestures to work in Opera. Since now I tried to deactivate opera's own gestures with File>Preferences>Accessibility>deactivate Enable Mouse gestures.
In StrokeIT I tried Opera as Title "Opera" or as the pregiven class or as the opera.exe.
Now my problem: Nothing works. When I do a gesture in Opera with StrokeIT my "line" doesn't do anything. It just stays there until it disappears after the timeout. Nothing out of Opera works then, so I have to click the middle (my gesture button, same for right one so its not the button) button again outside of opera e.g. on the taskbar´, to fully "exit" strokeIT's move. This occured on Win98 with a normal PS/2 mouse and now on my Win2k, Logitech system too. I hope somebody can help me out, so I don't have to use Opera's gestures but the ones from StrokeIT.
Thank You

Dennis</HTML>
Ceriwaen
Re: Help with Opera configuration
June 26, 2002 10:39PM
<HTML>I am using the same setup as you are, and Opera and StrokeIt work very well together for me. I set StrokeIt to recognize the opera window by class "Opera Main Window" and my gestures work wonderfully. Running Win2k, Opera 6.02, Logitech Trackball, StrokeIt .9 beta 8a.

-Ceriwaen</HTML>
Frank
July 02, 2002 01:09AM
<HTML>No problems here either.</HTML>
Dennis
July 02, 2002 12:12PM
<HTML>It just doesn't work hmmm. Now using Opera 6.04. I tried it in Win98 and Win2k.

Gerstures are definately turned off and StrokeIT recognizes Opera as Opera Main Window now but it doesn't make a difference. The gesture just doesn't stop and the line stays. I dont know what I do wrong since I tried on two complete different systems. Oh and my gesture I wanna do is simply CTRL+N for a new window...

:(
Dennis</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 19?