StrokeIt

PLEASE HELP! - Can't locate WHEEL_UP in list of gestures

Posted by BooLoo 
MY PROBLEM
I can't find the WHEEL_UP gesture. Where am I going wrong? :-(

Lots more detail below.

------------------

MY OBJECTIVE
I am trying to assign the keyboard function PAGE UP to StrokeIt (version .9.2.a).

I want to assign PAGE UP to be as follows: right button held down (as usual with StrokeIt) and then the mousewheel to be rolled up.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED
I have added a global action which links to the key PAGE UP but I can not getassign the mouse gesture WHEEL_UP to this key. When I look through the drop-down list of "gestures that will execute this action" then WHEEL_UP is missing.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled StrokeIt.

OTHER INFO (1)
I know my mouse wheel works with StrokeIt because I imported the file TASK.SXP referred to in the thread "Here's how to use your mouse wheel as a task changer" [url=http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?f=6&i=339&t=339.]http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?f=6&i=339&t=339.[/url] This works just as it should.

OTHER INFO (2)
If I look inside the file C:\Program Files\Strokeit\Gestures\STROKES.BIN then there is an entry for WHEEL_UP and, for example, for LBUTTON_DOWN. LBUTTON_DOWN appears in the dropdown gesture list but WHEEL_UP does not.
Michael Kairys
Re: PLEASE HELP! - Can't locate WHEEL_UP in list of gestures
September 14, 2004 05:57AM
If WHEEL_UP were assigned to some other action you would not see it in the dropdown list.
"If WHEEL_UP were assigned to some other action you would not see it in the dropdown list."

That might explain it. Looking through the DEFAULT.CFG file, I see that WHEEL_UP is pre-assigned to "TASK NEXT" (and WHEEL_DOWN to "TASK PREV".

However if I look at TASK NEXT in Global Commands then I can see that there is no command associated with it. Should there be some command there?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 15?