Contact Us

StrokeIt

Crashed on some gestures...

Posted by Sean Aulason 
Sean Aulason
Crashed on some gestures...
April 07, 2002 03:03AM
<HTML>hi there,

i'm grateful to the author of such a good and useful application named StrokeIt.
i always need a gesture app that automate some daily functions such as closing, moving back and forward, etc.

but there is some bugs with this release.

for example drawing some gestures(specially on windows desktop) raise an error with rundll32.exe and/or kernel32.dll

sometimes these errors force me to restart my pc!!

i'm waiting hard for the next release.

Sean</HTML>
Jeff
Re: Crashed on some gestures...
April 07, 2002 03:17AM
<HTML>Sean,

Can you give me any more specific information that might help debug this? What operating system are you using? What gestures are you drawing on the desktop? What actions do you have those gestures configured for?

Thanks,

Jeff</HTML>
Sean Aulason
April 07, 2002 05:37AM
<HTML>hi Jeff,

my os is Win98. sometimes drawing C on the desktop displays Shut Down dialog, and sometimes raises those errors.

drawing the other gestures has the same result (specially on the windows desktop).

-- i know that it is a beta version, but should be improved asap.

Sean</HTML>
Alex
June 06, 2002 11:32AM
<HTML>I'm experimenting these crashes. I'm on XP so no collateral damages, but crashes nonetheless.

I've found that sending the "close MDI window" (C reversed) causes always a crash. If the window it's MDI, it's closed and thereafter StrokeIt crashes. If itsn't MDI, StrokeIt crashes but no harm is done to the window ;-)

Closing normal windows (C) works fine.

Hope this helps,

Alex.

P.s: configuring other gesture to "close MDI" also crashes, it's not "C reversed" fault.</HTML>
Alex
June 06, 2002 11:50AM
<HTML>Sorry, I've found that the MDI-related crashes were because I had created a new command under this action, without configuring it. (Leaving the big red ?).

It's a bug, really, but very low priority as I see... Only don't do what I've done :-)</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 12?