Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

'Closing' the Startmenu.. forever *g*

Posted by DakLord 
DakLord
'Closing' the Startmenu.. forever *g*
March 14, 2002 10:47AM
<HTML>well not forever in this case would mean till next reboot/relogin ;)

I use StrokeIt mostly to maximize/minimize/close windows all of the time (btw. it is GREAT!), and i saw that if you use the 'close' gesture on the startmenu (e.g. 'closing' the programs menu) the menu won't show up again;
it's simply gone.. no matter if i press the start button or use the keyboard key.

(Closing Startmenu through windows itself with ALT+F4 is not possible, because once you press the alt key, the startmenu would hide, so it would be nice to 'disable' the close/alt+f4 option within startmenu if possible)</HTML>
DakLord
Re: 'Closing' the Startmenu.. forever *g*
March 14, 2002 10:48AM
<HTML>forgot: I'm using .9 Beta 8a</HTML>
Jeff
March 14, 2002 07:55PM
<HTML>What OS are you using?

Try creating a new application with the class "BaseBar", and disable gestures within it.

-- Jeff</HTML>
DakLord
March 15, 2002 09:30AM
<HTML>OS is Win2k with sp2 (returned from XP ;)).

And Disabling Gestures within BaseBar did it ;)

well it wasn no *real* problem anyways *g*</HTML>
I was puzzled about what actually did this, heh, easily fixed. But still, maybe it should be hardcoded into strokeit, who use mousegestures in the startmenu raise your hand please ;D
blubb_fallo
July 07, 2003 08:53PM
Why do you prefer hardcoding at this point? I don´t think this "bug" needs to get "fixed", I really like this kind of mighty mouses :). Perhaps there should be an application "Base Bar", at wich StrokeIt is disabeled, by default. That would be convenient enough to both you and me, wouldn´it ?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 16?